Ryobi Bandsaw and Drillpress

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The Ryobi DP will get the job done, it may not be the best but that is what I use.
Can't say anything about the bandsaw.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Those are what I use except my BS doesn't have the legs (it's mounted to the workbench). While they aren't great for real woodworkers, they work fine for me.

LanceD

I have that exact band saw. All I use it for is pen and bottle stopper blanks. I have never tried to cut larger pieces so I don't know how or if it will work. Anyway it's more than I'll ever need and am real satisfied with it.

dozer

You can also go with the Ridgid brand if you plan on doing any bigger projects. Ridgid also comes with life time warranty and they get alot of good reviews.

Randy_

I did quite a bit of research recently on the question of drill presses and was all set to buy the Ryobi when I found a local "deal" on a used DP. I think the Ryobi will do a good job for you and given your location, it is smart choice economically.

Just checked the Ryobi web site and discovered that the DP you are looking at is a different one from the one I researched.

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com and do a search on DP120.{I tried a direct link to the item; but they never seem to work for the HD web site??)

Here are a couple of things you might want to consider. Most people seem to think the laser is a waste of time....useless. Adjustable speed feature is convenient; but not very useful as a practical matter as you probably won't do a lot of speed changing. When changes are necessary, changing the belts manually is not a big hassle after a little practice. The adjustable speed mechanism is another potential point of failure/repair. And my biggest concern: The min. spindle speed(500) is a little high especially if you plan to bore big(1/2"+) holes in metal or use some of the larger Forstner bits in wood.

chigdon

The drill press works fine -- not great but solid. It is one of my drill presses and the one I use the most. If you can find a heavier bandsaw that is affordable I would look into it.

nilsatcraft

I have that bandsaw and have gotten some good use out of it. So far I have had to replace the drive belt once and the wheel tire once. The parts are inexpensive so it's not too big a deal. My mom-in-law bought it for me so the price was definitely right. :) All in all I've been pretty happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom