Rules?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning to make a post in the bash forum on the 1st that lists the contests and the rules for each.

Can you tell me what they are for the slimline, ugly pen, and trivia?

For the donation drawing, (not a contest, not a raffle either). Every donation of at least $25 gets the name in a drawing to be done on Jan 31. Donations of $50 or more gets an IAP coffee mug in addition to the drawing entry.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Guess I'll just post it here and everyone can take a shot at it.[:0]

1. You must use at least two parts from a slimline kit, not including the Cross refill, and the pen must be useable. The transmission counts as a part.
2. You can enter a maximum of two pens in the contest.
3. You can’t enter the same pen in this contest and the Ugly Pen contest.
4. The background for the photographs must be plain white, beige, or light gray.
5. The judgment of the judges will be final.
6. All entries must be submitted by January 24. Photos are to be emailed to gerry.rhoades@tctwest.net (or can I have a mailbox at penturners.org for the contest?)
7. The winners will be announced on January 31 in the following categories.
Best normal slimline
Best modified slimline
Most modified slimline

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Gerry, I'll set you up a mailbox. slimline@penturners,org forwarding to your address.

Can we list how many judges? Did you want to say who they are?

Will you post photos of all the entries in a topic?

ilikewood

Jeff, did you set up the trivia@penturners.org to my address or Marks? It will need to be to mine because I will be collecting the correct answers and then forwarding the list over to Mark daily and he will randomly pull the winner and announce it.

I will be posting the questions, but I need a few more.

gerryr

Originally posted by jeff

Gerry, I'll set you up a mailbox. slimline@penturners,org forwarding to your address.

Can we list how many judges? Did you want to say who they are?

Will you post photos of all the entries in a topic?

Thanks for the mailbox.
There will be three judges but they will remain anonymous, no matter who they are.
I will post the photos but I don't want to allow any comments about them. Maybe I need two topics, one for discussion of the contest and a second just for the photos?

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Are those 3 rules it for the trivia contest? I kind of wanted a little more description, like how it works, etc.

mewell

Originally posted by jeff

Are those 3 rules it for the trivia contest? I kind of wanted a little more description, like how it works, etc.

I'd ask Scott for more specifics - Bill and I have only talked about the 3.

A possibility:

Klingspore has been kind enough to sponsor a Trivia contest in conjunction with the 3rd anniversary "bash". Here's how it will work:

1. Bill Jacob (user id "trivia") will be posting a daily trivia question. Using the "send member a message" send your answer for that day's question with a copy of the question.

2. The question will remain open for 24 hours to allow all members sufficient time to respond, no matter what timezone they are in.

3. Winners will be chosen at random from correct responses and will be awarded prizes from the "pool" of donations from Klingspore and IAP members. Prizes are everything from boxes of sandpaper to pen blanks and kits.

4. Winners will be contacted with information about their prize and who the donor is so they may exchange information.

[This brings up how will Klingspore know who gets what and how do they go about getting it to the winners?]

Other thoughts?

Mark

ilikewood

Rules for Trivia (I just posted my ideas I had already written down, so some are repeats of yours Mark),

-Posting will be done by noon Pacific time each day until the end of the month of January.

-Correct entries will be put into a pot and a daily winner will be drawn.

-Only one entry per day per member (first response only...no corrections)

-Entries must be received before the next daily question is posted.

-Please spell your answers correctly...we cannot do interpretations!

-This is a members only contest.

-These are not essay questions so just short concise answers will be appreciated.

-Members will be notified by e-mail and post. Please make sure your address is listed correctly.

SEND THE ANSWERS TO trivia@penturners.org

ilikewood

E-mail is just fine, but it would be nice for others to know who won as well. I can attach the winners name to each question after that question is completed. Do you want to wait, or keep a running tally?

Should we allow only one win per week or just as many times as possible?

mewell

OOHHHH *THAT* kind of post [:I] Duh! I saw "post" and thought snail-mail!

Post is good.

As for how many times a week, there is the chance that the same person would win more than once - let's make it a rule only one time per week.

Mark

Scott

Hi guys!

Our contact person at Klingspor is Pam Barden. Her E-Mail address is on my other computer, so I'll E-Mail it to you later. We'll need to send her the person's name and address, what day they won for, and what question they won for (she's interested in the questions we are asking!).

Scott

Top Bottom