Royal Harvest... LOL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Custom order for a customer from the market...
Gold TN Baron RB in Corn Cob...
Cob was stabilized by River Ridge.. real hard stuff, but held together nicely... had to do intial shaping with a scraper and final with my skew... still a couple of voids, but I expected that... finished with a couple of coats of thick CA, sanded to 12000MM, then plastic polish, TSW and Ren Wax...

200557181956_CobBaron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

B E A U T I F U L, just beee-u-ti-ful! That's all I can say! I've got one of those cobs from River Ridge maybe one day when all the planets align I'll try it....er think about trying it ....lol! once again Griz, just beautiful!

JimGo

Hey Tom, was that the actual color of the cob, or did you color it yourself? I just had a VERY bad experience with some corn cobs, so inquiring mind(s) want to know! :)

woodscavenger

I still just have to laugh when I realize that corn cobs can become pens. I may actually have to try one. I have an uncle in Nebraska that might get a kick out of it.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
No Ben, you don't need to have the cobs stabilized, in fact virutally all my cob pens were made from unstabilized cobs... I just had a couple done when I send a load of wood to River Ridge to see what they would be like... they come out real hard and dense..

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Jim, the cobs I sent to RR were some of the old old old cobs that are in the old chicken coop... they have dried to a real nice reddish brown... that is the color of the cob.. no dye job there..
When you come over, we will go across to the coop and you can take some home... there are more cobs there than I will ever turn...
Yes Larry, you can have some too... [:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom