Router Table Saw Wing Extension.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
I have a cast iron router table-saw extension wing, that I dont use, as it a PITA to use, always in the way of the T/S.

P6210500.JPG

Sorry about the side way pic.

I was thinking about making one out of MDF approx 685mm x 600mm
The cast iron one is only 685mm X 255mm
My router is a Triton, I have the winder handle kit, a while ago I bought a Incea 7518 router plate.

How would you affix it to the T/S?, the T/S fence brackets are not very long.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grampy

I bought angle iron to affix a "countertop" to my table saw (as a wing) and installed my router lift in that.20200207_155316.jpg

Curly

I would spin that one 180º so you can stand at the end of the table and not reach tp use it. A fence that drops over the existing table saw fence instead of that one. Plan B is to do a new top in the extension with the Incra pate in it and use the saw's fence. Then take that one and add it to the other end to use when needed. It would add some extra surface to the left of the saw blade. Having two routers in tables is not a bad thing. ;)

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
I would spin that one 180º so you can stand at the end of the table and not reach to use it.

If turn the fence around, I have only 125 mm of table area.

Plan B is to do a new top in the extension with the Incra pate in it and use the saw's fence.
Proberly what I will do.

Then take that one and add it to the other end to use when needed. It would add some extra surface to the left of the saw blade. Having two routers in tables is not a bad thing. ;)

Good Idea.👍

jttheclockman

I have seen people put a router table on a workmate. Folds up nicely and stands against the wall. Easy to take router out with plate and all.

Grampy

I would spin that one 180º so you can stand at the end of the table and not reach tp use it. A fence that drops over the existing table saw fence instead of that one. Plan B is to do a new top in the extension with the Incra pate in it and use the saw's fence. Then take that one and add it to the other end to use when needed. It would add some extra surface to the left of the saw blade. Having two routers in tables is not a bad thing. ;)
Depends on my work, I can use my table saw (steel) fence, or a fence I made for the router table with a vacuum attachment. I normally router from the "close" end.

mick

What he said mine is closer to the saw and I made a fence that goes over my TS fence. Works great!

howsitwork

I made a false top to fit on my workmate from some 40mm thick kitchen worktop laminate. Beef up the edges so you don't lose stability with the cut out for the router to drop in. Stores on the wall when not in use. Made a fence which uses rachet handles for adjustment to clamp it down to threaded holes in the worktop . Fence has extraction duct built in so vacuum line plugs in.

Top Bottom