Rocker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

After a weeks work----she is done---well getting finished anyway.
These chairs are a real bear to build---you have to pick up 28 pieces of wood at one time and slide the whole thing together. The only way I could sell the last one was to promise the customer a second chair so she would have a pair.
The things we do to make a buck and trust me --these cost.

2007111422146_chairtwo.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doeringr

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm assuming that is cedar! I have a buddy whose garage is half filled up with his own milled cedar and he makes custom cedar chests to order. They are incredible. What kind of finish do you use? My buddy uses pre-cat laq and get's an incredible finish.

Great looking!

PenWorks

If I had that chair, I would never get any work done :D
Nice piece and good sale.

Oh, BTW, was that you I heard cursing up a storm while you were sliding all them pieces together :D

Gary Max

Thanks for all the kind words--- I keep telling myself that ---This is going to be the last one---but I really like the chair and when one sells---it helps out. You have to remember this is how we stay alive kinda thing---sell something = eating.

wudnhed

Great looking chair Gary, I can see lots of work in it. I admire you getting it done! I'm afraid mine would be sitting in a corner somewhere waiting for the fireplace!!!!!!! Great Job:D

Gary Max

Trust me Becca more than one of these has turned into firewood. I have made about 20 of them in the last 5 years---I just about got it figured out. Of course I would only say that, after the chair was built---the next one may be a whole different story.
Here's a file pic of two of them done.

2007111515596_rocker2.jpg

Top Bottom