Retirement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ross51

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross51

I Retired last Friday, after 33 years, and decided to make a few Christmas gifts.
I think I can get into this not working thing.

2006121713145_MVC-004L.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Congrats on your retirement! The ornaments look nice, but I thought the person that was retiring was supposed to receive gifts, not give them [;)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely beautiful!!! .... and stuff the retirement!!!! now you can do what you really love!!!

Some questions
1. When you post the pics in your album, please do them seperately so I can have a closer look ( they aren't there yet, I've checked )

2. Do you do your own dyed laminations?

3. Did you do the 'hardware' stands as well, cause they are cool too!!

Oh, and congrats on the retirement I suppose,[:(!], I've got to slave for another 1250 Fridays[:(]

Hey Ross,
I retired last year in September after 40 years in transportation... I'm pretty sure I work harder now then when I was working... I enjoy all the shop time I have now though.. congratulations and have a ball.

woodwish

Congrats, not sure when I will join the retiree club. I've been teaching for 31 years so I technically can walk out any day, but I still love the job! As long as I enjoy it I figure I may as well keep it up.[8D]

ross51

Originally posted by skiprat
<br />Absolutely beautiful!!! .... and stuff the retirement!!!! now you can do what you really love!!!

Some questions
1. When you post the pics in your album, please do them seperately so I can have a closer look ( they aren't there yet, I've checked )

2. Do you do your own dyed laminations?

3. Did you do the 'hardware' stands as well, cause they are cool too!!

Oh, and congrats on the retirement I suppose,[:(!], I've got to slave for another 1250 Fridays[:(]
1. I am working on better PIC's and will post soon.
2. The multi-colored Bird House is Diamond wood I buy at a local supply.
3. The Hangers for the Bird house I bought at a local dollar store untill they went under. I'm down to my last few. The gold one came from Hobby Lobby.

76 or 1250 Fridays will pass faster than you think.

BigRob777

I couldn't handle retirement, so I am semi-retired. Your turnings look nice. I thought those things on the outside were the new fance Ginter stoppers. I guess they're something optical.
Rob

ross51

Sorry, those are keleidoscopes.
I may have to go back to work to get a day off.
The local woodworking store has offered me a job, but I'm not sure I want to be tied down to a part time job. The discount on tools and wood sounds nice. I thank I would enjoy working there. I'm sure I would learn a lot from them and the customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom