RESULTS of magazines subscribe to.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Howdy

After Tom mentioned the AAW magazine I got to wondering with all the magazines, web site and resources out there, which ones should i really try to visit or subscribe to.

So i did a search on magazines, all i found was a few postings.
What i usually do i go to book store everyonce in a while and pick up a few. I havnt won the lottery so i dont have enough money to buy all the magazines, sign up with on the sites, and buy all the hard cover books and buy more equipment, supplies etc. at the same time.

So the question is if i had to pick just a couple of resources to subscribe to which ones would you reccomend.

thanks...pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Pete, I subscribe to several, but I also do flatwork. Woodturning Design is a must (IMO) and in the last few months Popular Woodworking and Woodworker's Journal both added regular turning sections. WJ's featured turning editor is Betty Scarpino. PW's section is more sporadic, but features such Master Turners as Judy Ditmer.

Edit in: I also subscribe to Shopnotes and Woodsmith (great mags if you're into flatwork).

Mikey

I normally don't do much truning, so my regular magazines are Shopnotes, Woodsmith, Wood, FWW, and on occasion, workbench, Popular Woodworking, or most recently, Woodturning Design.

ashaw

I have so many mag coming now that I have to pay for my mailmans back surgery.
Wood, Woodturning design, SAW, Scroll Saw workshop, Pen World, Styls and PCA magazine.

Scott

Hi Pete!

For penturning, Woodturning Design is probably tops. I write a monthly penturning column for More Woodturning (but you can find my opinion anytime you want right here!). The AAW magazine, American Woodturner, is great, and occasionally has some pen articles. Besides, every woodturner should be a member of the AAW, just for the heck of it! Besides, the President of the AAW is a penturner! [8D]

Scott.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for reposting that, Randy. I got my first issue yesterday and I am thoroughly impressed! Gorgeous photos and great information. With my subscription (free gift apparently) I got a little book; "PenSpeak - The Secret Language of Pen Lovers" by Glen B. Bowen. It's all about pen collecting and understanding pens.

woodwish

I log in here the most of any web site for woodturning, and also am prety regular to the AAW forum. I belong to a few Yahoo groups and some others but I get tired of the flaming on some of them, that is usually not a prblem here. I subscribe to Woodturnign Design and American Woodworker (I do a lot of flatwork sometimes). I also belong to AAW so I get American Woodturner. Sometimes I enjoy the magazine but other times it seems like more of a woodcarving magazine than woodturning, just one members opinion.

pete00

Want to thank all that replied, heres the results.
The number on the end is how many folks reccomended it.

woodturning Design 5
american woodturner aaw 4
woodsmith 2
wood 2
shopnotes 2
popular woodworking 2
pen world 2
workbench 1
woodworkers journal 1
styls 1
scroll saw workshop 1
saw 1
pca magazine 1
more woodturning 1
fww (fine woodworking) 1
american woodworker 1

Texas Taco

For now my magazine subscription list is down to Dirt Rider, Wood and one that comes out quarterly but can't remember the name of it. Used to get Shopnotes and really enjoyed it but can't remember why I never sent in the renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom