Reply to posts button

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Since the forum change this has worked normally , but this morning it only wants to allow a reply with quotes . Don`t think I changed anything . Is there something I`m missing that gives the option of with or without a quote ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Since the forum change this has worked normally , but this morning it only wants to allow a reply with quotes . Don`t think I changed anything . Is there something I`m missing that gives the option of with or without a quote ?
As you said, clicking on "Reply" within your post automatically invokes a quote ... and that seems to be the way the software is designed.
Using the "more general" reply feature at the bottom does not invoke a quote. Slightly different mechanisms in play, and different from what we were used to with the previous software. . But all is OK, I think.

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Nothing has changed. The new software reply buttons in each post always quote the text. If you do want to reply to a particular post, the idea is that including the quoted text tells people what post you're referring to.

At the bottom of the page, there is always an open edit window if you just want to reply to the thread generally and not a particular post.

Top Bottom