Remove hand wheel on Nova DVR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dvoigt

So the indexing lock on my Nova DVR lathe has come loose and I need to take the red end cap off to tighten it, but I can figure out how to take the hand wheel off. I can't unscrew it because I can't hold the threaded end. What am I missing?

randyrls

Derek; I have this lathe and had this exact same problem. Look on the web site. I remember there is a document that details how to fix indexing problems. The hand wheel does unscrew and it is a LEFT HAND THREAD. Lock the indexing if possible. If not, mount a chuck in the head stock and put a bar across the chuck to prevent it from spinning. Mine doesn't have a set screw. You can get a grip on the hand wheel by using the knockout bar for a lever. Insert lever from the front and press the lever down.
While you have the cover off, check for dust in the speed sensor. Gently blow out any dust with compressed air.

Dvoigt

Derek; I have this lathe and had this exact same problem. Look on the web site. I remember there is a document that details how to fix indexing problems. The hand wheel does unscrew and it is a LEFT HAND THREAD. Lock the indexing if possible. If not, mount a chuck in the head stock and put a bar across the chuck to prevent it from spinning. Mine doesn't have a set screw. You can get a grip on the hand wheel by using the knockout bar for a lever. Insert lever from the front and press the lever down.
While you have the cover off, check for dust in the speed sensor. Gently blow out any dust with compressed air.
Ok, I was doing that, but it was so hard I was sure I was going to break something. So I wanted to double check I was doing it right!

Top Bottom