Registration Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I hope no one minds me starting a new thread. I find it easier to keep things separate so they are easier to find later. The "Vendor" thread was drifting into Treasury and Registration issues.

Does any one know how to create an on-line registration form for both the attendees and the vendors. Great idea Mark about the PayPal account. That will make it real easy for folks to send in their fees.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

I just took a quick look at that. The free version has a lot of limitations. We could probably work around most of them except for no PayPal integration.

Argo13

Mike,

Worst case senerio we have them register and then and they have to send money to us through paypal or I can send them a bill through PayPal.it would be more work but I think it would be manageable. If a better solution is out there I am game if not I'm prepared.

Jason

Argo13

I have been looking at other sites for forms. I found this one at formsmart.com. The free service would just allow us to link or embed the form on a website. The form would be emailed.

It is very simple I played around with it. Here is a sample form:

Midwest Penturners Gathering Registration

The downside is the email would be the only way we would get information. The upside is the pro version adds not only storage of the information but paypal integration. The cost is $50 per year. The cost for the integration in 123contactform is $150.

We can definitely work around the limitations on either site to keep it free.

Jason

mbroberg

If I fill it out will it screw up any future count?

I believe Magic said that in order to get the pre-registration price the attendee has to stay at least one night at the host hotel. Might want to add that if this is the form we end up using.

Argo13

No right now it is the free version so the count is not recorded. Play away.

We can put I believe upto sixty questions in the form. I believe the first site will keep the count and information for us but they have a few more restrictions.

Either site is workable.

My concern with the reduced pre registration fee is reconciling the reduced rate with who actually stays at the hotel. Do we send a PayPal bill after the reserve a room. I guess I am saying because they will not register for the MPG and hotel at the same time it will difficult to keep that straight beyond the honor system.

While I want to have as many as possible at the hotel there will be some that want to attend on the cheap and find the lowest fleabag to stay at.
What is the incentive to register early without the room? Why not just show up if at the door. I feel we need to get as many pre registered as possible. It will encourage vendors and also be better for us to plan as we will need to pay before the conference.

Are we committed to a certain number of rented rooms?

Is the registration fee refundable?

Sorry my mind keeps running to questions people will ask.

Sorry

Jason

Magicbob

My thoughts in red

No right now it is the free version so the count is not recorded. Play away.

We can put I believe upto sixty questions in the form. I believe the first site will keep the count and information for us but they have a few more restrictions.

Either site is workable.

My concern with the reduced pre registration fee is reconciling the reduced rate with who actually stays at the hotel. Do we send a PayPal bill after the reserve a room. I guess I am saying because they will not register for the MPG and hotel at the same time it will difficult to keep that straight beyond the honor system.

I will ask the hotel to email me(you) when someone uses the IAP/MPG code to reserve their room

While I want to have as many as possible at the hotel there will be some that want to attend on the cheap and find the lowest fleabag to stay at.

There is only one other hotel in Wadsworth and it is a dump

What is the incentive to register early without the room? Why not just show up if at the door. I feel we need to get as many pre registered as possible. It will encourage vendors and also be better for us to plan as we will need to pay before the conference.

We can drop the room requirement if you guys want

Are we committed to a certain number of rented rooms?

Not yet

Is the registration fee refundable?

I would say no, but life happens, I think we post it as Non Ref. and if we need to review each case

Sorry my mind keeps running to questions people will ask.

Keep thinking

Sorry

Jason

mbroberg

I have to admit that I don't see the need for the room requirement but then I'm not dealing with the Hotel. Is there a need to have it? If there are only two hotels in the area then chances are they if they are staying they will stay at the Comfort Inn anyway.

Argo13

All,

If it is ok with you all. I will donate the $50 to purchase the upgrade of formsmarts. I have checked out their samples and it will make a much easier process with the PayPal integration. Essentially a member would register and at the end there would be a proceed to payment button which takes you to PayPal with a filled out invoice. The member logins to their PayPal and hits send. done.

2 issues with PayPal

1. Fees- are we ok with absorbing the fees?
2. Is there a limit on transactions- I assume we will have to sign up a new account. I can research this but thought I'd ask you all first.

Jason

mbroberg

I can chip in some $$ as well. I do not believe there is any limit on transactions, at least I have never heard of any limits. As far as fees go we can avoid them by requiring the registrants to use the "Send Money to Friends and Family" option. I checked it out prior to doing the smock buy and it is a legitimate use of PayPal. The fees charged for the payment for goods and services option allows payPal to offer it's Buyer Protection programs. There are no buyer protections when using Friends and Family but for our purposes they would not need them. However, I do not know if we can "Invoice" for payment buy Friends and Family. We'd have to check that.

Argo13

Thanks Mike that is good info. I will check the PayPal stuff out before I upgrade the registration form account. Don't want to pay for it if it is not what we can use.

I opened a checking account for the funds today. The cheapest way ( no fees) was to open another personal account under my name. To open in the name of the MPG or IAP would require an EIN and also have fees and minimum balances associated with it. As of now I put $100 in to cover my registration and the registration form upgrade (if we get it). No other seed money needed at this time, at least until the hotel deposit is due.

Thought of opening to email accounts through gmail. One to handle registrations and one for our team. Both can be set up to forward as group email. Also I will start the process with PayPal.

Comments, questions?

Thanks

Jason

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I opened a checking account for the funds today. The cheapest way ( no fees) was to open another personal account under my name. To open in the name of the MPG or IAP would require an EIN and also have fees and minimum balances associated with it.
Thanks

Jason

That was exactly what I did 5 years ago when soliciting donations for a scholarship fund.

Top Bottom