Red White and Blue Revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

A while back I made a pen out of a blank that I received in a swap, I only had enough material to make the pen, but not enough for a cap. There was a bit of discussion on a couple of forums about what best to use for the cap.
I ended up choosing a white blank to make the cap, I was never happy with the outcome, and as such never finished it off properly.
Yesterday I decided to make a new cap out of some black Ebonite and to make a clip for it. Still not 100% happy with the outcome, but I am calling the pen complete and will live with this now. ( the cap does have to go back on the lathe for a better sanding and buff, as there are some marks that I didn't get out yesterday )

I think the old white cap could have been made better with a proper sanding and full buff, and the addition of a clip, but instead I decided to go black. What are your thoughts ?

Here is the pen with the new black cap, and a new profile/shape clip that I have tried. ( I am going to start a new thread on clips to discuss the differences )
DSC_1317.jpg

Here is the original photos of the pen, and the white cap.
DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

Top Bottom