Random pm request from new member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I've received a request to make pens from a very new member with zero posts. He sent a pm with random pics of some of my pens and asked if I could customise pens for him. He is from the Philippines and his handle is Oilenroc and reversed name Cornelia.

what say you? Dodgy or what?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penicillin

Yes. Dodgy.

Rather than responding, you should report the message to the website administrators. In the lower left corner of the PM (conversation) text, you will see a "Report" link. Click on "Report" and add a comment.

I assume that the administrators will investigate. If the report is valid, then I assume they will close the member's account for violating the rules.

If a "low post count member" sends you a PM asking about penturning technique and needs help, that's reasonable.

If a "low post count member" sends you a PM related to money, business, payments, shipping them anything, custom work, etc. etc. etc. - that's dodgy.

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for that comment John. I also received a PM. I didn't think much of it until now. Although I don't think I'm on the same level as Skip you brought up a different angle to look at the situation. It has given me a bit of an ego boost!!! Not to just single out one person there seems to be few others here I'm proud to be mentioned at the same time as well.

jttheclockman

Thanks for that comment John. I also received a PM. I didn't think much of it until now. Although I don't think I'm on the same level as Skip you brought up a different angle to look at the situation. It has given me a bit of an ego boost!!! Not to just single out one person there seems to be few others here I'm proud to be mentioned at the same time as well.
;);););););)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm aware of this. He told me he was going to contact a member but I was not aware it would be so many. I've told him to stop and make a post if he wants to solicit offers.

if anyone feels they've been scammed or has a really bad feeling about it, please message me directly.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The member has posted a very nice intro here. Certainly seems legit.

Remember, for ALL transactions here, buying and selling, I advise caution.

I'm closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom