Rainbow Illusion on Blade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Another in my basket illusion series (maybe my last for a while). More importantly at least for me is how much I like the Blade pen kit which is new to me. I've long been a fan of the Schmidt click mechanism and this one doesn't disappoint. As with the EDC pens, there is an extension on the mechanism but rather than a cheap plastic piece, they seem to have incorporated a permanent metal extension - a much needed improvement. A great single barrel pen for showing off blanks. Been waiting for a really good click pen and here it is.
Rainbow pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

VERY B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L blank, Bruce !!!!

Thanks for showing !!

I agree that the Blade pen kit is a long-awaited, and huge improvement, to the click pen kit market offerings.

It has a close competitor though, which is this one, the Luxor :

Luxor pros are the overall styling and the partly hidden Schmidt clicker bottom; the con is the short, losable plastic refill extension.

Blade wins on barrel length and for absence of the plastic extension (a fixed metal clicker extension is incorporated, as you noted).
But I still don't care for the fully-exposed Schmidt clicker bottom.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another masterpiece in my opinion. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť The design is superb and I also agree with the comments on the Kit - excellent mechanism and a full length to play with designs.

Very, very nice (well, actually over-the-top excellent).

stuckinohio

Wow. That is awesome! Nice work.

I read a little about how you do them in the Sierra post but I'd love to see a tutorial (as would many of us I'm sure!) And I'm not gonna copy your work because I don't have a CNC machine, but it is really cool.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow. That is awesome! Nice work.

I read a little about how you do them in the Sierra post but I'd love to see a tutorial (as would many of us I'm sure!) And I'm not gonna copy your work because I don't have a CNC machine, but it is really cool.
Thanks! And feel free to copy anything I do as I never sell anything and only wish to promote the craft. This can also be done without a CNC but one of the low cost lasers with a rotary jig would make it much easier. The first step is to create the little square boxes. The dimensions are dictated by the circumference of the blank which I divide by 24 to get both the horizontal and radial spacing. The patterns are more or less unlimited by your imagination and are laid out on graph paper or a spreadsheet. Then it's just a matter of coloring in the boxes. I've used thin tipped markers but prefer acrylic paint applied with a tooth pick as the colors seem to pop more. A great activity if you want to be occupied for a few hours or more.

Top Bottom