Quoting another's post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I performed a very cursory search and didn't find what I was looking for. I apologize if this has been asked already.
Is there a way to quote another poster's words so as to give them credit for the info in a post I may be replying to?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I performed a very cursory search and didn't find what I was looking for. I apologize if this has been asked already.
Is there a way to quote another poster's words so as to give them credit for the info in a post I may be replying to?

Like this?

Just click "reply" in the lower right hand corner of their post.

leehljp

Member Liaison
And another way if you want to quote a small portion:

1. type: beginning bracket " [ "without the quote marks. Then immediately type "Quote" without the quote marks, then the " ] " end bracket without the quote marks.
2. type in or paste the quote you wish.
3. type: beginning bracket " [ "without the quote marks. Then immediately type "/Quote" without the quote marks, then the " ] " end bracket without the quote marks.

Simplified: [+Quote+]+the words you want to quote+[+/+Quote+] just leave out the "+" marks.
The above without the "+" will equal:
the words you want to quote
The beginning has Quote between brackets. The Ending has /Quote between brackets. The actual quote is written between the two sets of bracket-quote-bracket.

BTW, I added the "bold" type by clicking on the "B" in the menu bar after highlighting those words.

jttheclockman

You can also highlight copy and paste. If you want you can put the word quote in front or even highlight in a different color.

Quote: Heh!
Thanks Jeff.
I'm an idiot!

sbwertz

Reply works if you are quoting something in the same thread. The cut and paste is great when you are quoting something from a different thread. If you are using the cut and paste method, be sure to add the name of the original poster.

jttheclockman

Reply works if you are quoting something in the same thread. The cut and paste is great when you are quoting something from a different thread. If you are using the cut and paste method, be sure to add the name of the original poster.
Good point. Thanks I should have added that.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
"The only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked."

You can also "multi quote" by clicking "Reply" on several of the posts in the thread.

Top Bottom