Quotes and humor for the week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Quotes---Don't Wait...

'Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.' -- - Orison Swett Marden

'Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition - such as lifting weights - we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.' --Stephen Covey

'Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.' - Theodore Roosevelt

'Pessimism kills the instinct that urges men to struggle against poverty, ignorance and crime, and dries up all the fountains of joy in the world.' -- Helen Keller

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' -- Charlie Brown (Peanuts comic strip)

Humor...
A worker who was being paid by the week approached his employer and held up his last paycheck. 'This is two hundred dollars less than we agreed on,' he said.

'I know,' the employer said. 'But last week I overpaid you two hundred dollars, and you never complained.'

'Well, I don't mind an occasional mistake,' the worker answered, 'but when it gets to be a habit, I feel I have to call it to your attention.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom