Question on Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I want to get the Jr. Anthony Fountain Pen Kit - Black Ti & Gold. I'm making a go away present for a friend. Does this kit use the same Bushings as the Jr. Gents and Jr. Statesman?
Thank you,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Jr Anthony is a 12.5mm/10.5mm tube set - same as the Jr Gent II & Jr Statesman II, and all should use the same bushings.

However Jr Gent II & Jr Statesman II are not the same as Jr Gent & Jr Statesman, so be sure to check & verify what you have before starting out.

In fact, there have been at least 3 different versions of Jr Gent pen kits over the past 20 years, all with different tube & bushing sets.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Edgar is correct, but these days all the versions you should run into are actually the Jr II. And, I don't believe there was ever a Jr Statesman other than the current.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar is correct, but these days all the versions you should run into are actually the Jr II. And, I don't believe there was ever a Jr Statesman other than the current.
CSUSA did have a Jr Statesman kit with 25/64 & 15/32 tubes in the early 2000s before the current Jr Statesman II. Probably not very many still floating around, but it is different from the current versions.

And as if things aren't confusing enough, CSUSA currently uses the Jr Gent designation for their Artisan version of the kit & Jr Gent II for their Apprentice version. Both use the same size tubes, but different bushings.

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to Jr Gent/Jr Statesman kits.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to Jr Gent/Jr Statesman kits"

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!

And is suitable for ALL kits--measure, don't guess. When in doubt, buy the bushings that are "made for" the kit you plan to use.

OR, wait until you receive the kit, then measure the components and make your own bushings--turned to a PERFECT fit!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
"I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to Jr Gent/Jr Statesman kits"

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!

And is suitable for ALL kits--measure, don't guess. When in doubt, buy the bushings that are "made for" the kit you plan to use.

OR, wait until you receive the kit, then measure the components and make your own bushings--turned to a PERFECT fit!!
That advice can't be stated enough! 🙂

Top Bottom