Question about (you guessed it) Beall Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwc

I threaded my chuck onto my Jet Mini this morning for the first time. As I screwed it on I guess I expected it to tighten before it bottomed against the shoulder of headstock mount. Is it normal for this chuck to seat against the shoulder to tighten? As opposed to, having some gap between the chuck and shoulder after tightening via threads? OR...is the machining such that works out that both happen at the same time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
It seats against the shoulder.I have never used them but there are nyon spacers(washers) available to go between the chuck and the head stock

TBone

Originally posted by kenwc
<br />I threaded my chuck onto my Jet Mini this morning for the first time. As I screwed it on I guess I expected it to tighten before it bottomed against the shoulder of headstock mount. Is it normal for this chuck to seat against the shoulder to tighten? As opposed to, having some gap between the chuck and shoulder after tightening via threads? OR...is the machining such that works out that both happen at the same time.

Put mine on for the first time Friday and it bottoms out also. So far hasn't been a problem getting it off.

bnoles

Ken,

You should be okay as the others have said. My Axminster tightens to the sholder as well and I see no problem. I may have to try the plastic waser trick as it sounds like a great tip.

kenwc

Thank ya'll for the replies...all is right with the world again..AND I'm sold on this thing...completely. Used it for the first time today. Put a mandrel rod in and turned it on. Almost had to just feel of it to know the rod was spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom