PUZZLE WINNERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
HERE ARE THE CONTEST RESULTS THAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR:

A total of 64 people participated in one or more of the 2024 BASH Puzzle Contests and the Winners Are.....

Puzzle #1 -- We had 31 correct entries for Puzzle #1 and the winners by random draw are
jcm71 (John Muncie) -- a $20 GC for Bear Tooth Woods
Pete275 (Wayne Pitrie) -- a BOB from Sparhawk

Puzzle #2 -- We had 32 correct entries for Puzzle #2 and the winners by random draw are
Cole Roberts (Cole Roberts) -- a BOB from Mark
socdad (Jeff Borda) -- a BOB from Edgar

Puzzle #3 -- We only had 1 correct entry for Puzzle #3, so by default, the winner is
BarryE (Barry Elings) -- a $20 GC for Bear Tooth Woods

Puzzle #4 -- We had 21 correct entries for Puzzle #4 and the winners by random draw are
egnald (David Lange) -- a BOB from Edgar
KMCloonan (Kevin Cloonan) -- a BOB from Kronewi

Puzzle #5 -- We had 23 correct entries for Puzzle #5 and the winners by random draw are
Alan Morrison (Alan Morrison) -- a $20 GC for Bear Tooth Woods
Jarod888 (Patrick Clumpton) -- a BOB from Kronewi

Puzzles #6 and #7 -- we had 4 correct answers for each of these two puzzles by a total of 6 people and one of those (BarryE) already won an individual puzzle prize, so there were only 5 eligible people for these two puzzles. Since we only needed one prize for Puzzle #3, I decided to award an extra prize for these two puzzles. The 5 winners for puzzles #6 & #7 are
Humongous (Ken Opiela) -- a BOB from Kronewi
Joseph (Joseph Whitley) -- a BOB from TDahl
DesertCanyon (Liza Hendricks) -- a BOB from Edgar
Karl_99 (Karl Henschel) -- a $20 GC for Bear Tooth Woods
KLJ (Keith Sizemore) -- a $20 GC for Bear Tooth Woods

Puzzle #8 -- We had 22 correct entries for Puzzle #8 but one was BarryE who already won a prize for Puzzle #3, so the sole prize for Puzzle #8 goes to
Pssherman (Paul Sherman) -- a BOB from Edgar

PUZZLE LOSERS -- A total of 12 people submitted entries for one or more puzzles but failed to earn a single point. By random draw, the following two people are losers no more and have lost their opportunity to ride the Loser's Train
amtechrs (Richard Santos) -- a BOB from Edgar
JoeBobber (Joe Tuinstra) -- a BOB from Napagibb

AND, NOW ----- The Top 3 overall winners in the 2024 Bash Puzzle Contest are......

FIRST PLACE WITH 7 POINTS -- BarryE (Barry Eling)
Barry wins a $50 GC from Exotic Blanks and Fordite Blanks from Pssherman
Barry also earns the title of 2024 BASH Puzzlemeister and may add that title to his IAP signature

SECOND PLACE WITH 7 POINTS -- Karl_99 (Karl Henshel)
Karl wins a BOB from Greenacres2 and Fordite Blanks from Pssherman
Although Barry and Karl tied in total points, Barry got the edge since he had the only correct entry for Puzzle #3 and one of the two correct entries for Puzzle #8

THIRD PLACE WITH 6 POINTS -- KLJ (Keith Sizemore)
Keith wins a BOB from Brandy

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who played.

I do my best to accurately read, record, and tabulate every entry, but we had over 300 total entries by 64 people, so if you believe that I overlooked anything, please let me know and I'll do my best to rectify the error.

Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarryE

Thank you Edgar for your time and effort in running the Bash Puzzles. Much appreciation goes to all of the prize donors!

It was another February of challenging puzzles. ( and maybe a few exasperating moments) :)

Joseph

A Huge thank you to all the generous members donating prizes and of course Edgar for putting in a TON of work to host these puzzles!

Also thank you @Edgar for that masterful riddle for puzzle #6. I wouldn't have gotten the answer without it!

Top Bottom