Puzzle Contest - Overall Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
At long last, we are ready to announce the results of the immensely popular Puzzle Contest. The puzzle threads had over 1,100 postings and over 19,000 views -- I thank you all for your interest and your participation.

When it was all said and done, we had 3 participants with perfect scores of 8 points each, so their Puzzle #8 completion times was used to determine their finishing order for the contest.

In 3rd place, with a finishing time of 6 hrs, 45 minutes we have:

Sylvanite (Eric Rasmussen)

Eric wins a Gift Certificate from Classic Nib for $25 and a Box of Blanks from Robert Sherlock worth $25.

In 2nd place, with a finishing time of 2 hrs, 45 minutes we have:

fitty (Mark Fitlin)

Mark wins a Gift Certificate from Exotic Blanks for $50 and a 1-pound pack from Alumilite worth $20.

and in 1st place with a finishing time of 1 hr, 55 minutes we have:

skewer (Jeff Flinchum)

Jeff wins a Gift Card from Berea Hardwoods for $100.

You may recall that Jeff also won the Bonus Puzzle by being the first to properly identify the mystery wood as Alabama supplejack, so Jeff has truly earned the title of 2015 Puzzle Champion.

Congratulations to our winners and thanks to all who participated in this contest.

I especially want to thank all the wonderful donors whose contributions made this contest possible.

Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

You guys are the tops! :wink:

Congrats on getting a perfect score on the puzzles. You are three kings from .... oh yea, not gonna go there!

Way to go!

Skewer

Thank you, Edgar and Curtis for your time and efforts in this. I've had a great time with it as i'm sure many others did. Thanks to the donors also!

Leo S. Long

Congratulations to the winners and thanks again Edgar and Curtis and the donors for all there work. Can't wait to next time.

Leo

Sylvanite

Congratulations guys! I'm not quick at solving puzzles, but I am stubborn.

Thanks Ed for running the contest. This is the first year I participated in the puzzle contest and I had a blast!

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom