Puzzle Contest #7

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #7 is now open.

This is a Wordfinder puzzle. The attached pdf file contains a Wordfind puzzle with the names of 15 pen kits hidden somewhere in the puzzle.

All pen kit names are positioned in straight lines, but they might be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal and they may be spelled forward or backward.

Your task is to find the names of the 15 pen kits hidden in this maze of letters.

1. Send your list of the 15 pen kits to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #7 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for
3. You will earn two points if you get all 15 correct.
4. This puzzle will close at noon CST on Thursday, Feb 22.

Be sure to include your real name and user name in your message.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints. Everyone needs to figure out the puzzles on their own.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
Edgar

Attachments

• PEN KIT WORDFIND.pdf
    56.2 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

1. Send your list of the 15 pen kits to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #7 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for

I assume that "2." is a wildcard rule -- just in case

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

I may award bonus points to anyone who can figure out what rule 2. might be. :)

CREID

I may award bonus points to anyone who can figure out what rule 2. might be. :)
Rule #2: You lose points of you ask too many questions.

BarryE

Rule #2 - One extra point if you can name the pen kits that are listed more than once in the puzzle.

CREID

I found one that is in there twice, can I use the second one for my fifteen? Otherwise I only have 14. So Far!:biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #7 is Closed

Puzzle #7 is now closed.

I will post answers later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle # 7 Answers

Here are the answers for Puzzle #7.

The 15 pen kits, in no particular order were:

1.[FONT=&quot] Aero[/FONT]
2.[FONT=&quot] Glacia[/FONT]
3.[FONT=&quot] Pensar[/FONT]
4.[FONT=&quot] Venus[/FONT]
5.[FONT=&quot] Zen[/FONT]
6.[FONT=&quot] Celtic[/FONT]
7.[FONT=&quot] Tycoon[/FONT]
8.[FONT=&quot] Mirage[/FONT]
9.[FONT=&quot] Princess[/FONT]
10.[FONT=&quot] Oxford[/FONT]
11.[FONT=&quot] Diva[/FONT]
12.[FONT=&quot] Triton[/FONT]
13.[FONT=&quot] Editor[/FONT]
14.[FONT=&quot] Federal[/FONT]
15.[FONT=&quot] Mayan[/FONT]

I also threw in a few extra words just for fun. Some of you mentioned some of them, but no one mentioned all of them. (No extra credits were available for that anyway, it was just for fun). :)

ALOHA
BIC
MONGOOSE
JEFF
PECAN

We had 22 entries and 18 people earned 2 points for finding all 15 kits. Four people only found 14 kits & will earn 1 point.

Two people found 14 real kits and included ALOHA as their 15th kit. I wondered if the extra words might throw some people off, so I did include a clue that ALL of the pen kits in the puzzle can be found on the Exotic Blanks web site. I don't think you will find an Aloha kit there. :)

One person listed Zen twice. I realize that Zen appeared twice in the puzzle - the puzzle generator did that, but I decided to leave it as another little joke just to see what comments it might cause or if it might confuse anyone. Sorry, but I can't give full credit for listing it twice as there were 15 unique kit names.

One person only found 14 kits, but was astute enough to submit his entry and winds up earning a point and getting into the drawing for this puzzle's prize.

BTW, there was no Clue #2 -- I just accidentally missed that when I copied, pasted, & edited the rules from an earlier contest. It did provide some interesting banter though.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Top Bottom