PSI WOODWORKING- GAME CALL KIT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eazis1

eazis1

Has anyone bought the Preditor game call kit from PSI? I can't seem to get it to work and no help from them. They don't know anything out what they sell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I have never used their predator call kits. But, it shouldn't differ much from others. The distress calls I have made and seem to work well. The coyote howlers, however, are near impossible to get a sound out of.
Are you sure you are blowing into the proper end? You are supposed to blow into the wood barrel, not the plastic stopper.
BTW, HUT gives good service on all products. And, Larry, is very knowledgeable and helpful on call kits.

armyturner

That kit that PSI sells is an open reed predator call kit. You do blow on the plastic end. Use your lips to put pressure on the reed at different places along the toneboard to achieve different pitches. It is tough to explain if you have never seen one used. If you search on Youtube for "predator calling" or "open reed predator", there is a video of a guy demonstrating how to use an open reed call. I can't access Youtube from work or I would post a link for you.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by armyturner

That kit that PSI sells is an open reed predator call kit. You do blow on the plastic end. Use your lips to put pressure on the reed at different places along the toneboard to achieve different pitches. It is tough to explain if you have never seen one used. If you search on Youtube for "predator calling" or "open reed predator", there is a video of a guy demonstrating how to use an open reed call. I can't access Youtube from work or I would post a link for you.

Innerressing. [:p] Something like at tongue biter crow call?

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by armyturner

Here is the link to the video. It will give you an idea of how to use the call. http://www.youtube.com/v/veGp_h8nNKc&hl=en

Thanks. That is interesting. It looks like a regular call reed but missing the barrel. Whatever works. Judging from the many leg rings and tags that boy is wearing around his neck, he knows a thing or three about calling game.

Top Bottom