PSI "T" handle stopper kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pipeyeti

pipeyeti

Has anyone used them? I was looking at the ones that use 7mm tubes and has the cork screw built in. How is the quality. Is the handle strong enought to actually support the load of pulling a cork out of a wine bottle?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I have made a bunch of them and noone has mentioned any problems. My SIL is a big guy and is very rough with stuff and it has lasted over a year for him. Just get a good plating stopper if you want them to last.

Mike

dbriski

I have made quite a few of them, and people love them. I have had 1 break the corkscrew out, and I have had quite a few that the threads are rough and don't go together well (Metal on metal). Customers love the kit, easy to make kit, but qualitly isn't great. I would love to see one that had Metal to plastic threads.

Texatdurango

I don't fool with them after selling just a few to friends and hearing back from them after the things broke. Besides, being an avid wine drinker myself, I use quality, efortless corkscrews and the days of trying to pry a cork out of a bottle by tugging on a corkscrew are long gone.

To me, selling cheap things for the sake of making a few dollars is not worth having friends and repeat customers think all of my work as shoddy and cheaply made.

For the exact same reason, I stopped using the various plated brass stopper bases and have switched to stainless steel and silicone stopper bases.

Top Bottom