PSI Fountain Pen Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bleedaggie

I've searched the forums for an answer to this question. I'm still fairly new to pen turning. Still only do kits for now.

I got into the hobby because I love writing with a fountain pen, and am trying to make one that I love writing with. I've turned a couple of PSI kits (Executive, Tycoon) that I like aesthetically, but I don't care for the nibs at all, and I can't find nib styles or sizes of those kits listed anywhere. They're clearly different on both of those kits.

So, two questions: (1) Does anyone know what sizes those particular nibs are, and (2) Is it possible [for a beginner] to change nibs on a kit pen?

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bope

I have changed nibs on a number of different kits and they all took Jowo nibs. The housings are not all to Jowo specs so if you buy a housing-feed-nib combo it may or may not just screw into your section but you can remove the nib and switch it with your stock nib. If you don't want to try tuning your own nibs I have liked the ones I have gotten from Pen Realm. Select his free tuning and they write nice.

If the tycoon is a #5 and the executive looks the same size then they are both #5. If the executive looks larger, it will be obvious then it is a #6. Any fancy engraving on the nibs is just for looks.

TonyL

I have the same issue with the Vertex Supreme. IMO, the nib has much room for improvements. I attended the Atlanta show the first year after COVID and asked two FP experts (or whatever they are called...including Dale if anyone remembers him) and no one can get anything they had to fit. One of the guys sat there with a loupe for 20 minutes molding, bending, clipping a nib to fit, but it never drew a full sentence before falling out. At least, he tried. I asked PSI customer service twice prior to black Friday and was told #5 (twice). I then asked if there were any other dimensions that I need to account for and was told no. My question may be still on there website.

Top Bottom