PSI Fishing Lure Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Hey, has anyone else seen the new section on the PSI website for their fishing lure kits? Anyone tried one yet? As an avid (fanatical) fisherman, I'm curious if there has been much interest in them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

$19.95 is VERY expensive for nothing more than enough metal parts to make 10 plugs. Your money would be better spent on a copy of Boyd Pfeiffer's book, "Bug-Making". The copy I have has a price of $14.95 on it. It shows how to make a lot of different kinds of plugs.

Rifleman1776

There are many sources for part for making fishing lures. It is a big hobby in it's own right. An internet search will bring up bunches of sources for parts. I understand there is a pretty good market for replicas of some of the highly collectible lures. (not fakes, replicas marked as such)

LanceD

Do a search for Jann's Netcraft and Barlow's Tackle. They have everything you need to begin making lures like topwaters and crankbaits and lots of spinnerbait components. Before i began rodbuilding i used to carve topwater lures out of balsa and various other types of wood and made a good deal of money doing it. At that time there was a big demand for hand made lures and i was the only one in my area making them. Spinnerbaits are real easy to make and i still make and sell several thousand a year under the name "Swampland's Mardi Gras Spinnerbaits". The above companies mentioned has what PSI is selling at a much lower price. Fishing lures are a lot of fun to make and experiment with and very profitable too [:D].

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom