Provo 2006

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Recent posts have made me wonder who will be coming to Provo this year for the Woodturners Symposium and Penturners Rendezvous.

To start it off I will be to the Penturners Rendezvous on June 14th.

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I have to miss it![V][:(] Unfortunately, my wife and son and I will on doing a 5 day trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, the River of No Return wilderness.[:p][:D]

PenWorks

Man, this is an early first call [:D]
I made my reservations allready at the Hampton
& sent in my registration for the symposium.
So I guess that is a YES, I'm there [:p]

ilikewood

Went last year and will definitely be there this year (schedule allowing). I have several business trips I have to make during that time, but I will be there if I can.

And Gerry, you can get a helecopter out of the middle fork to Hailey and then it is only a 5 hour drive. Then you only miss one day out of the Middle Fork ride.[:D]

wayneis

With much regret I won't be there this year. I attended last year and had the time of my life, heck I even learned a few things. If any of you are thinking about this event my suggestion is GO, you won't be sorry. The Penturners event was a nice opportunity to meet a lot of the guys and gals that I talked to via the internet and the symposium had the best turners from around the world doing demo's. Just writing about it makes me bummed out that I will have to pass it up.

Wayne

ilikewood

I'm sorry to hear that Wayne[:(] I had a great time talking with you. It was really great meeting all these people I had communicated with (Don, Anthony, Ryan, Nils, Lou, etc, etc).

I might even bring some "special" Cocobolo again.[:p]

nilsatcraft

I'm going to see if I can get a good deal on a flight. If so, I'll see if my schedule permits. [;)] LOL- Of course I'm going to be there, it's a lot of fun to meet everyone and learn new things. I just wish I could attend the symposium over at the University but I'll be working. I hope to see a lot of you here!

its_virgil

Bill,
That was some "drop dead gorgeous" cocobolo. We have an exchange student from France and I made her a pen from the Pyrenees Mountain holly you gave me. She loved it and was amazed I would have wood from France. Thanks again.

I agree, the fun of the rendezvous and the CSUSA open house is meeting all of the great people we share with here daily.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />I'm sorry to hear that Wayne[:(] I had a great time talking with you. It was really great meeting all these people I had communicated with (Don, Anthony, Ryan, Nils, Lou, etc, etc).

I might even bring some "special" Cocobolo again.[:p]

Ryan

Originally posted by Pen Man
<br />Is there a web site about this event[8D]

I think there is one on BB's sight, and here are a few others

http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/provo05/pendisplay05/provopen05pg3.htm

http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/

The five day woodturners symposium is put on by CSUSA and info can be found at their sight under the workshops link.

Ryan

nilsatcraft

Originally posted by Ryan
The five day woodturners symposium is put on by CSUSA and info can be found at their sight under the workshops link.
Just to clarify, we put on the Super Wednesday that happens every year on the day before the Symposium but we do not put on the Symposium itself. That is a product of Brigham Young University and the Utah Woodturners Association. The official site for the Symposium is at http://www.utahwoodturning.com and you can register there if you'd like. I'm pretty sure they've sold out the last couple of years so be sure to register soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom