Proposed rules for the 2024 BASH Ugly Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Here are the proposed rules for the Ugly Pen Contest. Respond here with any suggestions. I am particularly interested in what you think of point 3 which allows an entry of the same pen in both the FOG contest and the Ugly Pen contest.

Ugly Pen Contest – 2024

This is not a serious contest, although in many ways it may resemble one. It is a contest for serious penturners to use to blow off some steam!

This is not a grossest or most disgusting pen contest. Just a place to enter a contest with a pen you would be embarrassed to show if it weren't for this contest. Some concept that failed. A blank that REALLY disappointed. An over turned or under turned pen blank you went ahead and put on a kit -only discovering your mistake and leaving it on a shelf to remind you of what not to do in the future.

All contestants must comply with the Universal Contest Rules in addition to the following rules.

Here are the rules:

1) You must have made the pen and it must be recognizable as a pen.

2) You may enter up to two entries.

3) You may enter any pen, even if it has been posted before, this is an exception to the Universal Contest Rules (just don't repost it during the BASH). Pens submitted in the FOG Contest are allowed to be submitted to this contest as well.

4) Entries must include:

• IAP member ID
  • Real name
  • Address (prizes may be mailed)
  • Submit 2-3 photos that are at least 800x600 and no more than 256kb in size. Photos may be resized or cropped if needed
    • Select a solid color plain background that compliments your pen and makes it stand out
    • Use a simple stand that does not distract from the pen. (preferably clear plastic) No other props allowed
    • Photos cannot contain anything that may be an indication of who the maker is.
  • Include a brief description of the kit, blank, and any special processes or features. Descriptions may be edited to eliminate any indication of the maker.
  • Entries can be submitted starting Feb 9
  • Final entry deadline is 11:59 P.M. Mountain time Sunday Feb 19
5) Winner will be chosen by the IAP community in a poll or series of polls if there are more than 10 entries.
The polls will be limited to 10 entries per poll, so 12 entries would create 2 polls of 6 entries etc. The second round of polls will include a total of 10 entries to determine the winner, (so in the above example, the first round would eliminate 2 entries)

6) Prizes TBD

Scott

Be still my beating heart! An Ugly Pen Contest! Some of those rules look kind of familiar. The one I really remember from years past was the Carcicle! I might even try to put something together for this!

Scott.

Top Bottom