Proposed Poll Question #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Anyone care to comment before I post this?
++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Giving each Birthday Bash event its own forum was a good idea. Things were much easier to find. This is the way it should always be done.
• Giving each Birthday Bash event its own forum was not necessary. I like having everything jumbled all together in one forum. The Birthday Bash should be structured like it has been in the past.

PLEASE READ THIS POST PRIOR TO VOTING.

One of the comments I heard about this year's Birthday Bash was that the atmosphere was much more subdued this year than in previous years. There wasn't as much "banter" between members this year. There are several things that MIGHT have contributed to this. They will all be explored individually in future polls. One of those things that MIGHT have contributed to the subdued atmosphere was the separating of all the contests into their own individual forum. The idea behind that decision was to make things easier for the members to find. In the past only the Trivia had its own forum. All the other activities had one or more threads intermixed in the main Birthday Bash Forum.

Think of it this way:

In the past the events all took place in the huge ballroom. Participants had to wander the floor searching for the event they wanted to find. It was crowded and noisy. Contest announcements (post titles) were easy to see and more people were stopping at each booth to see what was going on and perhaps leave a comment or two.

This year all the events were assigned their own room. The events were easier to find but only a small number of people were in each room at one time. Some party goers never entered some of the rooms. They just walked down the hall to their pre-determined destination. They didn't see the announcements on the doors of the individual events (post titles) so they never got curious about what was inside and entered.

OK, maybe it's not the best analogy, but I tried! :tongue: Anyway, please give it some thought and cast a vote. Next year's Bash will be influenced by the results of these polls.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Anyone care to comment before I post this?
++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Giving each Birthday Bash event its own forum was a good idea. Things were much easier to find. This is the way it should always be done.
• Giving each Birthday Bash event its own forum was not necessary. I like having everything jumbled all together in one forum. The Birthday Bash should be structured like it has been in the past.

PLEASE READ THIS POST PRIOR TO VOTING.

One of the comments I heard about this year's Birthday Bash was that the atmosphere was much more subdued this year than in previous years. There wasn't as much "banter" between members this year. There are several things that MIGHT have contributed to this. They will all be explored individually in future polls. One of those things that MIGHT have contributed to the subdued atmosphere was the separating of all the contests into their own individual forum. The idea behind that decision was to make things easier for the members to find. In the past only the Trivia had its own forum. All the other activities had one or more threads intermixed in the main Birthday Bash Forum.

Think of it this way:

In the past the events all took place in the huge ballroom. Participants had to wander the floor searching for the event they wanted to find. It was crowded and noisy. Contest announcements (post titles) were easy to see and more people were stopping at each booth to see what was going on and perhaps leave a comment or two.

This year all the events were assigned their own room. The events were easier to find but only a small number of people were in each room at one time. Some party goers never entered some of the rooms. They just walked down the hall to their pre-determined destination. They didn't see the announcements on the doors of the individual events (post titles) so they never got curious about what was inside and entered.

OK, maybe it's not the best analogy, but I tried! :tongue: Anyway, please give it some thought and cast a vote. Next year's Bash will be influenced by the results of these polls.
Other than the one correction bolded and in green it looks OK to me.

Top Bottom