Prizes for contest chairmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, I found Ugly and photo and posted to those threads. But I am not certain about the other contest threads and I don't want to "steal your thunder" by posting on a public thread, so here are the prizes for the pen contests, chairmen can post to the appropriate places.
(full descriptions of all prizes are on the sticky thread Andrew (Maxell_smart007) created)
Beautiful Pen: Plaque & $100 Gift cert-Berea
Oklahoman---5 sierra inlay kits
Turn-Tex---original cactus blank half sampler

Crossword---Monty 6" caliper & $25 gift cert
Creative Dimension---3 --3D blanks and pen box with insert

Featured pen--Plaque & CaptG--Geared Carbon fiber blank for Jr. Gent

Modified Cigar---Plaque??? do you want one, Butch? and Rmartin tru-stone cigar package
second: CaptG Geared Carbon fiber blank for Sierra
(edit in)
third: JohnU---3 pheasant feather sierra blanks

Beginner---Plaque &Turn-Tex six orig cactus blanks, incl shipping to winner
second: Bnoles--DVD set "Simple Methods for Turning Superior Pens"
(edit in)
Third: Displaced Canadian box of blanks

Freestyle--Plaque & Bitshird--IAP custom-engraved handle Woodchuck
second--mredburn---sterling silver fountain pen hand cast hardware
Third--Golden Nib---14kt gold italic nib
Fourth---Hunter27-- you describe, please--I have two different things --you know what you wanted here

articles--Monty--6" caliper & $25 gift cert
second--Woodnwhimsies $50 gift cert---
Tom, you can change the order of these, if you wish--I didn't know how to value the caliper
When you post your prizes, we will award them as you post them

ANYBODY GET MISSED!!!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, the wood ID winners get the wood they ID'd.

Precedent from last year and the year before, skins contest (2010) and "name the wood" (2009)

But thanks for asking-----I'd hate to miss one.

I do have one extra Lazerlinez prize, if anyone feels their contest got "slighted", I would trade you.

ldb2000

Prizes look good to me . The Modified cigar should get a Plaque if it can be done . I will need third place prizes for the modified and beginers contests , boxes of blanks would be fine for those . Thanks Ed .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:wink: I got it. Are we to post the value of the prizes as well?

Landon,

The prize values are mostly for my convenience. When I sort the prizes, I use that line to put them in "dollar order". You MAY use it, if you like, but it is certainly NOT mandatory. Some of the values are a little arbitrary--publishing them could start a debate IMO--but do whatever you prefer.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Prizes look good to me . The Modified cigar should get a Plaque if it can be done . I will need third place prizes for the modified and beginers contests , boxes of blanks would be fine for those . Thanks Ed .

Butch,
I have lots of boxes of blanks, but I also have a couple sets of three JohnU sierra pheasant feathers---what would you prefer?

ldb2000

A set of feather blanks would be great for the modified contest but I think that the beginners would appreciate the box of blanks more . If you think I'm wrong though then whatever you decide is fine by me .

ldb2000

I'm sorry about that , yes it should have 3 . The other set of feather blanks would be great for that if they are still available . I don't know how I missed that one .

Edit : I just checked that one and it already has 3 don't it ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom