Prize distribution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Came up in another thread, so rather than drift (we all know I NEVER drift) off-topic, here's the place to enter your thoughts.

My plan (if we can call this a plan) is to watch the contests daily, see who wins and send them an e-mail requesting a shipping address. I suspect either Andrew or Becca will know what prize is to go to that contest that day, so I will ask them to tell me whom to inform of the winner. (Since many prizes are coming from the same vendors, I don't expect this to be as difficult as it may sound - if there is a listing ahead of time, great, if not, I can "go with the flow".)

The first two weeks are easy - 15 prizes per week. No big deal.

I will refine the process if there are difficulties - I expect to phone both Andrew and (now) Becca as required to keep them "in the loop".

From the 23rd to month end, it is a little harried. But, by then, I hope to have a pretty good handle on the process.

When the month ends, I hope to call each prize donor and make certain all their prizes were awarded, as well as personally thanking each of them for their contributions.

That's the "plan" - add whatever you like.

Edit: On March 1, we can expect Dawn to take a bow for a job well done!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Ed,
Would it be easier for you and Dawn if each contest Meister notified you of the winners (with their addresses) of there respective contest?
This is where I think having the prizes divied up before the contest starts, and have them listed in the rules section of the contest, would make life easier.
For example:

I send you an e-mail or PM with "Liars Club Contest Winners" in the subject line.
Then I will have 1st Place= Prize "A" winner= Jon Doe, 123 water st., Anytown, OH. 12345
And then do this for how ever many prizes are awarded for the contest.

What do you think?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Doesn't seem like much work for me, Ed! (which might be a good thing as I have a job interview coming up)

I went a bit overboard this year contacting suppliers...didn't get a lathe like last year though!) Am I helping with the contacting, or just taking over when you get overwhelmed?

Seriously, I don't want you and Dawn to get overworked! I did it the way you are suggesting last year, and it was a veritable ton of emails asking for addresses....and while I tried to stay on top of it, late responders slowed me down...with trivia every day, it's easy to fall behind and get confused.

I think that it should be as Mark says: each entry is submitted with the name, address, email and phone number of the applicant, and then the contest master has all of the info right at the start; simplifies things immensely! If a few have to be reminded, it's not the end of the world; but it will simplify the process a lot!

Once Becca figures out what prizes goes where (a monumental task, I daresay!), we should post the master list showing "what prizes are awarded to which contest each day" in this planning area, so that it's accessible in case Ed, Dawn, Me, or Becca has a computer mishap and can't get online!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark,

On this bash team, I'm the NEW guy!!! I learned a LONG time ago, LISTEN and LEARN. IF you did anything last year that worked, SPILL!!!!! And THANKS!!

I really am not too worried about most of the contests. The Daily Trivia is my main area of concern, cause it uses 56 prizes. so, this is the one I will be using to "hone" the process for the "explosion" of prizes at the end of the month.

I will post a couple forms this weekend (this has been the "week from hell" at my "real job"). Then you all can shoot holes in them. Can anyone NOT open a .XLS file?

wudnhed

Can anyone NOT open a .XLS file?

LOL I don't know!!!!!

Matching prizes with winners is so much better for the person running that contest, like the guys said. I think we discovered this last year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom