Prize Allocation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Has begun, but nothing is "carved in granite" yet.

In an earlier planning thread, we had this comment exchange:
some of the prizes given for the daily trivia contest exceeded the value of some of the first place prizes in the more serious contests.

Sorry, I had not read this prior to now.

That is true. The reason was those prizes in the trivia nearly ALL came in in February. We went into the bash with 10 of the 28 days covered for the daily prize. (NONE of these prizes had a value over $35) Also one of the major contests (don't remember which one, but Butch ran it and was MOST helpful) had the prize changed a couple times during the month as better options arrived.

This is another reason my "last years notes" mentioned a deadline for prizes. As a PRACTICAL MATTER, I understand we need to take what we get when the sponsor decides to say yes.

As I finalize the prize allocation, this situation exists at present, as well. Andrew assures me he is feverishly attempting to finalize everything. Come Friday I need to tell the chairmen what they will be releasing to the membership on Saturday.

Can't do it, if I don't know.

Just a final word, to whom it may concern.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
  1. Trivia Contest – Volunteer(s) needed. (I'll try to draft Chris and James – see below)
  2. Russ Fairfield --Modified Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  3. Beginner Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  4. Beautiful Pen Contest – Butch (lbd2000)
  5. Freestyle Pen Contest – Landon (Hunter-27) – I think, Landon?
  6. Ugly Pen Contest – Scott
  7. Featured Pen Contest – Mike (mbroberg)
  8. Best Article – Tom (TomW)​
  9. Crossword Challenge – Landon (Hunter27)​
  10. Photo Contest – Curtis (MesquiteMan)​
  11. Wood Identification- Bad Dog Burls

Is this accurate? Did I miss anything?? IF anyone wants to put them in order of importance, before prizes are assigned, feel free---

Also remember there will be plaques for 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 (4 plaques) & 10

comments to keep me "in-line" are encouraged!!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Russ Fairfield is still open, as far as a "plaque". We can get something more "trophy-ish" if there is support for that.

What think you all??

Ed, I can help keep track of the prizes for the trivia contest. I can probably help with others I have time after work during the day my schedule is a little unpredictible as to weather I can be near a computer. Please let me know what I can do to help.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you (is Chris or Christopher your preference?)

For anyone interested, here's this year's plan:

All those willing to help will be assigned about ten prizes. You will be given a list of where those prizes will be awarded and when. As soon as they are awarded, you will contact the winner and get all his info and contact the donor and set up delivery to the winner. Hopefully, each donor who has given more than one prize will have the same "IAP Prize coordinator" (you) working with them.

We hope this develops a bit of a relationship with that donor, so they realize we truly appreciate them. The two guys that did it this way with me last year were successful at getting all the prizes shipped fairly easily.

So, let's expand on the "winning plan"!!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ed, at least on the photo contest and the ugly pen contest, we will have all of the winner's information including complete shipping address and e-mail addresses through the forms that I am creating. Once the contest is done, I can send all of the information to the prize person for that contest so there will be no real need to request the info from the winner.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed, at least on the photo contest and the ugly pen contest, we will have all of the winner's information including complete shipping address and e-mail addresses through the forms that I am creating. Once the contest is done, I can send all of the information to the prize person for that contest so there will be no real need to request the info from the winner.

Sounds great, Curtis!!

Current count: About 120 prizes to distribute---Which sounds like only five a day---piece of cake!!!! BUT over half fall in the last five days of February, so I will try to separate them so there are a group of guys working on that, we'll see how it goes.

And yes, James, Monty, Chris---thanks and I will be in contact with you as soon as the prize allocation is completed.

Still open to comments----Ed

Scott

Like Curtis says, we will have all this information with each entry. Even without the Very Cool Form that Curtis developed (Thanks again Curtis!) I required all the information up front with the entry last year, and it really eased the process of sending out the prizes.

Scott.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scott,

Your contests have always been the easiest for me!!! You give me LOTS of info, all I have to do is send.

I do appreciate it---but it is not a requirement---you "chairfolks (politically correct)" have lots to do to run the contests------THANKS!!!

Top Bottom