Pressure Pot???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Somewhere in here there were photos of people's completed HF pressure pot set-ups. I am looking to get the parts I would need to do some pressure work with it for casting. I remember seeing some valves and different things that did not come with the unit. Also it was mentioned to not use some part. Anyone point me in the right direction??? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Out of the box the HF pressure pot is already equipped to go to work. You may want to add a ball valve to the air supply line which will allow you to hold the pressure without the compressor ... that is as long as there are no leaks.

Just be sure to NOT EXCEED the recommended pressure that is imprinted on the pot. If you go past that pressure point you are just begging for trouble from a possible failure and that is not going to be a good thing at all.

On the other side of the procedure, a vacuum setup, you might want to add a vacuum gauge to monitor the vacuum you have pulled. Of course you will need a vacuum pump to do all this.

Do a "search" from the above menu for Harbour Freight, HF, vacuum, pressure and see what you find on the Forum. I hope you have lots of reading time set aside as there are numerous articles about this part of our hobby. Oh yea, opinions are about as numerous as the grains of sand in the Sahara Desert .... well, maybe not that many, but there are plenty to go around.

Top Bottom