Pressure Pot Restoration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rdunn12

I got this old pressure pot from a friend (for free) and it was in pretty bad shape.Spent the weekend cleaning it up and putting on the gauges and fittings(all of which I already had).Some Rustoleum hammered finish and she looks like new.Well almost.I was going for the pot with the most gauges award.:D

20084623105_presspot1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

B727phixer

Wow...You win my vote...They do make a gauge that will indicate pressure or vacuum.;)
Just incase you want to simplify after you get your reward or trophy! LOL!:D

rdunn12

Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel

Originally posted by hunter-27

don't forget the Tach and Oil pressure gauge. I'm sure there is room somewhere in there. :D:D:D

Don't forget to throw on a couple of gauges for internal and external temperature too! [:eek:)]

Hmmm.Those are some good ideas.I was also thinking of adding a pipe out the back pointing up so I could launch one of those air powered rockets when I release the pressure.:D:D

helgi

Please do yourself a favor and invest in a new lid gasket it is a binks pot according to picture. And if the pot has been used for spraying paints and or laquers,the gasket is probaply hard and could fail to hold pressure or vacuum. Any reputable paint outlet catering to contractors should carry this item and will not be to expensive. I'm sure you will be glad you did.
helgi

helgi

Please do yourself a favor and invest in a new lid gasket it is a binks pot according to picture. And if the pot has been used for spraying paints and or laquers,the gasket is probaply hard and could fail to hold pressure or vacuum. Any reputable paint outlet catering to contractors should carry this item and will not be to expensive. I'm sure you will be glad you did.
helgi

Top Bottom