Pressure Pot Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrG_NY

Hi all, my first post to the forum.

I just received a paint pressure pot to convert for casting pen blanks. It is a TCP Global 20L/5gal tank, PT8361. This pot is supposed to be rated to 90 PSI with a working pressure of 20-50 psi. The pot I received has a sticker on the top saying max psi of 50.

I have been in contact with the company and am waiting to hear back from a manager about this since the CR said it was a matter of the wrong sticker on the pot. That all the pots they have in stock have this sticker.

I researched and found that the pot is made by a company named Aeropro Tools. My guess is they are a white label manufacturer that puts what ever pressure you want on the pot. Their branded pot has the part number on the manual I received says that the pot has a max of 50psi. Looking at all the other pots by CA Technologies and others all seem to have a max rating of 50 psi.

What rating do you guys have on the sticker on the side of your pots? And how much higher have you pushed them? This pot weighs in at 50lb.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

I purchased a pot that was supposed to be a California Air Tool 5 gallon pot through Home Depot Online. The listing and the pot sticker said 90 psi Max Pressure.

I rigged for casting and began to step up the pressure. It did hold at 90 psi, but bowed the lid to where it was tight to get on and off.

I contacted CAT and asked for a new lid. They indicated they did not sell or replace parts and my best bet was to return it to Home Depot and get a new one. I questioned the 90 psi pressure rating. They indicated the maximum working pressure on all of their pots was 60 psi. About the sticker? Not sure, must have been labeled wrong. I had the lid repaired and use it today. 60 psi max.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

MrG_NY

MrDucks32 does your pot look like this?
media.nl

MrG_NY

My pot says 50 psi on the lid and was supposed to be 90 psi. The sticker on the pot itself says 2.1 bars which is 30 psi. I haven't converted it yet. I was looking to see if anybody else had run into the same issue as myself.

Last edited:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
If there is that much discrepancy around the Max PSI of the pot, return it, swallow hard, and buy a Binks. They are much, much more expensive, but the PSI written on the pot will be the true Max PSI. With what you have shared, I would have more faith in a Harbour Frieght pot. At least you know what you are getting.

MrG_NY

I decided to keep the pot. I called Alumilite and they said no need to go past 40-45 lbs to cast. I prepped the pot and have a very slow leak over the course of 12 hrs I loose 8 lbs. If I leave the hose connected from the compressor it stays right at 44 lbs overnight with no significant drop in compressor tank or the compressor kicking on. Trying a casting out to see how it goes.

Top Bottom