Presentation boxes for large pens.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

Presentation boxes for the larger pens- Emperors, Statesmens, and Gentlemens- what are you guys using? I have some of the cardboard boxes that Dario indicated would work by removing the small riser flaps, but I'm hoping to find a source for something a little more upscale. Bill Baumbeck doesn't supply inserts for his larger wooden boxes- I believe there's not been enough demand to make it worth his time, given the minimum order quantity of 2000 I believe he's stuck with. I did find a couple of jewelry stlye cases on the close out rack at my local woodcraft intended for a pen and pencil set that works for the larger size, and I really like the way they look, but they're not carrying those anymore. Not real crazy about the Regal boxes from Craft supplies- would prefer some sort of lined interior, and an additional $13.00 boxes starts adding up. Maybe I'm being to picky- but I'd appreciate any feedback you might have to offer on this- Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Lyle,

I'll post a pic when I get home for a nice Emperor pen case that I lined with a bright RED cloth that cradles the 'king'. Good thing about it is that it will fit any size pen and by changing the coloured fabric it will match all styles.

Sorry, I got busy but I will post tonight(friday).

-Peter-

200647205412_red-emp.jpg

AirportFF

http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com. The Maple boxes are top notch and Ken can engrave just about anything on them. His shipping is unbelieveably fast also.

laserturner

Hi Lyle,
The maple boxes on my site and Bills do have the inserts to fit the Statesman and Gentleman's Pens as long as you're not turning them fat. I've ordered inserts for the Emperor and they'll be available in about 3 weeks. Thanks.
Ken

Draken

Have you thought about making a bandsaw box for your pen? That way, it is all hand crafted by you! I currently have one in progress, but I messed it up by forgetting to tighten down the fence when I started cutting, so my cut wanders a bit and I'll probably end up doing it over again.

Cheers,
Draken

lwalden

Wonderful! Any chance you've already come up with a design for engraving the lid of the box that complements the Design inlays on the Emperor?
Originally posted by laserturner
<br />Hi Lyle,
The maple boxes on my site and Bills do have the inserts to fit the Statesman and Gentleman's Pens as long as you're not turning them fat. I've ordered inserts for the Emperor and they'll be available in about 3 weeks. Thanks.
Ken

lwalden

Nice looking piece of work. I checked out the other pen display cases you do with the multi pen trays- quite a unique, and nice looking, design!
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Lyle,

I'll post a pic when I get home for a nice Emperor pen case that I lined with a bright RED cloth that cradles the 'king'. Good thing about it is that it will fit any size pen and by changing the coloured fabric it will match all styles.

Sorry, I got busy but I will post tonight(friday).

-Peter-

200647205412_red-emp.jpg

lwalden

I've got a ton of material floating around that I keep thinking will end up being humidors and custom pen cases someday..... it just never seems to get to someday!! (and my wife has pointed out I don't need to keep adding to the stash...)
Originally posted by Draken
<br />Have you thought about making a bandsaw box for your pen? That way, it is all hand crafted by you! I currently have one in progress, but I messed it up by forgetting to tighten down the fence when I started cutting, so my cut wanders a bit and I'll probably end up doing it over again.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom