Prepping Ice Cream Scoop Handles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Our Woodturning club is having a Girl Scout Woodturning event this Saturday. Two sessions with up to 8 in each session. I have prepped these maple blanks with the tenon for the ferrule, drilled and tapped ready to mount and turn round and shape. We will have a turning mentor for each Turner for one on one instruction.
We are using the Woodcraft Ice Cream Stainless scoop and will use a Mineral Oil/Beeswax finish. We will send each one home with a small tin of Mineral Oil/Beeswax for maintaining the scoops.
In 2017, our club did a Boy Scout turning event with the same scoops. That time, we did three groups of 8 in one day....and took 8 lathes to the site. This time, we are having the scouts come to the lathes.......work smarter, not harder. đź‘Ť
These were turned with a 3/8" beading and parting tool and a 1/2" skew.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

A688F482-F5EC-4C2F-A424-FB47F2F62A1B.jpeg
A8575A09-078D-4A9D-BCC8-B75F03A29F30.jpeg
38E5F0DB-FF0C-487A-9B4D-A134B3A9FC83.jpeg

penicillin

Interesting! Thanks, I'll pass that along.

BTW, isn't that the phrase Don Ward uses all the time?
Perhaps. Was Don Ward in the Girl Scouts? ;-)

When I searched for "Girl Scout Slogan", I found the text on the internet. I was a little surprised, because it was the same slogan I learned in the Boy Scouts when I was young.

@its_virgil ?

RobS

The Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts of America use the slogan: Do a good turn daily.
As in good deed.

Note with the exception of less than 8 countries (as of 1996, I do not know the current numbers), the Scouts are 1 organization and not 2. So makes sense the slogans are the same.

moke

Congratualtions Charlie,
That will be a fun and worthwhile thing to do! I can't imagine how fun that will be for you, too. Please take a photo or two and tell how it went......

Top Bottom