Prayer request for my son.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

My son was rushed to the ER yesterday for severe pain on the lower right side of his stomach. We later learned that he had a kidney stone and the first recommendation was for "shockwave" treatment. He went through that this morning and he seems fine and should be off to his normal routine tomorrow.

Now I am asking for prayers that this work, that he pass the (hopefully shattered) stone. The alternatives are more invasive and may get costly (though shockwave is too).

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

He has our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. It's amazing how much pain something so small can create; I hope the treatment was a complete success!

ilikewood

WOW! He seems awful young to be having kidneys stones. I had both kidneys lithotrypsied last year and I can relate....not something you want to go through. I also had to do the invasive stuff too. Needless to say, I ended up meeting my minumum out of pocket expenses by the first month of the year.

I hope all goes well for your son. Sounds like he might need some prayers.

Dario

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />WOW! He seems awful young to be having kidneys stones. I had both kidneys lithotrypsied last year and I can relate....not something you want to go through. I also had to do the invasive stuff too. Needless to say, I ended up meeting my minumum out of pocket expenses by the first month of the year.

I hope all goes well for your son. Sounds like he might need some prayers.

Yep, I am surprised too since he just turned 16 last week. The stone is supposed to be 6mm - 6.5mm (around 1/4").

Same here...looks like the procedure reached the maximum out of pocket (20% up to $1,000.00) plus a couple $100 extra copay for each of the doctors.

Thanks guys!

ilikewood

That's a big stone for a young guy!! Is that his only one, or are there a bunch of others just lurking to come down? I hope he is not a cronic producer of stones.

wayneis

I'm sorry to hear of this Dario and I hope the it worked and that things are flowing good soon. I had them only once when I was pretty young myself, NO FUN. One of the most painfull things that I have ever went through.

Wayne

Scott

Hi Dario!

I hope he is up and around, and doing well! That process, Lithotripsy, is pretty reliable, meaning it should have taken care of that stone. They can do a lot to figure out what causes the stones by analysing the remnants of the stone they crushed. Usually it's a change in diet or a simple med. Some people just develop stones, and some develop stones that resist lithotripsy, and then it becomes very painful and costly! I hope he is not one of these. Good Luck! Our thoughts are with him!

Scott.

Ron Mc

Dario,
My family will keep your family in our prayers. My wife had this procedure done about a year ago and it worked great.

jssmith3

Hi Dario, being a nurse, I know exactly what's going on with your son, the shockwave therapy is usually very successful. They will need to do further studies to see why he is having a stone so young but I have faith it will turn out ok.
Your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet

jwoodwright

Dario, your son is in our prayers. I know what it is like to pass a kidney stone. The doctor said it was like giving birth. That was 20 years ago. Now, they have better methods and procedures. Hope he is well soon.

Dario

We won't really know if the procedure worked or not until his next check-up. So far, he is no longer in pain so that is a good indication. He is thrilled to go back to school and talk about his ordeal. And I was so elated thinking that he really want to learn...right!!! [V][B)]

He is straining his pee [:D] to collect any debris if ever but so far none. They want him to turn it in so they can do a study on what type it is and hopefully help determine the cause...it might help him prevent another from forming later.

Thanks for all the support and ryaers guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom