bobleibo

This is a test poll. Please pick 1. The poll will close 1 day after 2/12/16

Favorite day of the week - pick 2

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

- did you guys vote?
- were you able to see the results?
That's my concern for the upcoming contest votes prior to the end of the voting period.

bobleibo

So far it shows 2 people have voted, me being 1, but 7 have viewed. I cannot see this as a guest because it is in a restricted area. As you vote post in this thread so I can keep track of attempts to see if its' working correctly.
Thanks for helping~
Bob

CREID

So far it shows 2 people have voted, me being 1, but 7 have viewed. I cannot see this as a guest because it is in a restricted area. As you vote post in this thread so I can keep track of attempts to see if its' working correctly.
Thanks for helping~
Bob

Ok, I've got it down to six, because today definitely isn't my favorite. But I will do eenie Minnie and vote.

bobleibo

When you create the poll, there's a little box down the way that asks if you want the results to show publicly during voting (which is the default), hidden until the end of the poll or hidden until you decide. Once you click the box, if you do anything else other than publish the poll, it reverts back to the default of showing the results as people vote. This is something I did not know until now which was causing me grief. So, clicking the box needs to be the last thing you do before publishing.

bobleibo

I created the poll at noon MST on Friday with a 1 day time frame. If it goes correctly the results should automatically show to everyone on Saturday at noon MST. The parameters of the poll program lets you pick # of days, not the exact end time so if you want it to end at midnight on a certain day, you need to create it at midnight x # of days ahead of then, otherwise it either closes early or runs longer than the cutoff time you specify in the contest original post.
Let me know what you see since the results always show up for me as the creator.

Thank you for your help~
Bob

Edit: Most of you already know, but this is in the library for anyone who could use it and does not already have it. It's been there for quite some time, just took me awhile to find it.

Attachments

• Creating a Poll.doc
    416.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Mr Vic

It looks like the day I voted for is now Italicized. Does everyone else's choice appear that way to them?

If I read the directions correctly:

1. I have to post my poll at Midnight to have it end at midnight?

2. If I allow multiple choices and state "Vote for your favorite 3" the voter anc actually vote for as many as he chooses and exceed 3 choices?

Mr Vic

I created the poll at noon MST on Friday with a 1 day time frame. If it goes correctly the results should automatically show to everyone on Saturday at noon MST. The parameters of the poll program lets you pick # of days, not the exact end time so if you want it to end at midnight on a certain day, you need to create it at midnight x # of days ahead of then, otherwise it either closes early or runs longer than the cutoff time you specify in the contest original post.
Let me know what you see since the results always show up for me as the creator.

Thank you for your help~
Bob

Edit: Most of you already know, but this is in the library for anyone who could use it and does not already have it. It's been there for quite some time, just took me awhile to find it.

Guess we find out in 13 minutes..

CREID

It looks like the day I voted for is now Italicized. Does everyone else's choice appear that way to them?

If I read the directions correctly:

1. I have to post my poll at Midnight to have it end at midnight?

2. If I allow multiple choices and state "Vote for your favorite 3" the voter anc actually vote for as many as he chooses and exceed 3 choices?

Well, Friday is italicized. But I can't remember if it is the day I voted for. :rolleyes:

bobleibo

If the results is displayed for everyone other than me to see, then it worked properly. And yes, if you want it to end at midnight, you have to start it at midnight.

CREID

Thanks Bob. I need to do a practice poll before the voting starts too. This was a great idea no matter what they say about you.

Top Bottom