Cheer Pr_Princess and Ed4Copies!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I chose a different title than "Exotic Blanks" because there are so many cheers for Exotic Blanks - and this is really a cheer for the owners of Exotics!

I frequently laud the fact that the IAP is a wonderful community - I wanted to share a recent experience with Dawn (Pr_Princess) that confirms this wonderful community spirit.

First, a short bit of backstory. I've had to take a leave of absence from my job to do the construction that the bank required to allow me to purchase my home (a very long story in and of itself) - so being out of work at the moment, and spending like a madman on the construction, I haven't had much disposable income or free time lately. I wouldn't mention this, but it applies to the situation here.

As you are all aware, Dawn is one of the two main cogs of Exotic Blanks, and they represent the Brooks blanks that everyone is drooling over lately. I've always wanted to try one, but they tend to sell before I ever see them.

When the last round of blanks appeared, I sent a PM to Dawn asking if I could buy one blank from her, even though it's below the minimum order threshold that they have - after explaining my situation, I told her I'd pay the minimum order price as I really wanted a Brooks blank to try, and couldn't wait until I could afford a real order, as the Brooks blanks go fast.

I was more than happy to pay for the single blank at the minimum order price, but then I never heard back from her after that. I thought perhaps that she hadn't been able to get to the post office to get me a shipping bill (I live in Canada).

She never sent me a bill, but a few weeks later, to my surprise, I found a package in my mailbox with a beautiful blue Brooks blank and a large handful of bottle stopper blanks (i love making bottle stoppers - how Dawn remembered that, I have no idea). I had not yet received a bill, so I am just flabbergast at the gesture!

So I just wanted to make a public thank you to Dawn for her wonderful gesture and for being such a wonderful person!

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Dawn is #1, no doubt about that, but she is so very elusive about showing her face!

I have talked to her a couple of times by phone, and I'm betting she is as beautiful as her voice sounds. Just bashful, I guess!

el_d

They are great friends. and Have gone way out of their way for me several times.

:RockOn: Rock on guys!!!!! you do a great Job!!! :bananen_smilies068:

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Dawn and Ed are great people. I'm lucky I live close enough that I can pick up my order. It would still be cheaper to have them ship but then I couldn't visit my good friends.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dawn is buried in shipping, I am happy to say!!

But, I do want everyone to know we are grateful for your kind remarks.

Initially, we made many friends on IAP. Then, when we became a "vendor", it offered us the opportunity to help MORE people, in one way or another. We always enjoy doing "little things" to make your day brighter.

I "borrowed" a line long ago that made sense to me: "Everybody brings cheer to a room---some when they enter, others when they leave!!"

We hope to bring cheer when we enter. And we will continue to strive to do that.

Thanks for the "appreciation" of our efforts!!!
Ed (& Dawn until she gets unburied and can comment for herself!!)

philb

Have to add to this too,

Just received my most recent order and not only did it have great freebies (as always), but they shipped it for me super fast knowing that there's a delay to the UK!
If only suppliers in the UK were as accommodating!!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom