Powered Dust Mask

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

I've always had trouble with dusk masks, in that after they have been on for awhile I get claustrophobic or something (actually I'm just a candy a$$). Does anyone have recommendations on a powered dust mask?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Steve, I am the same way as you are when it comes to dust masks, I have a very hard time breathing with one on my face. I bought a used Trend powered one, and it's been a great investment. The air blowing down acrossed my face feels so nice, plus, my eye glasses no longer fog up. It is so easy to breathe in them, but the weight of them can be an issue for some people. It would be wise to try one, for a while before purchasing a unit. Do you know anybody that already owns one that you could borrow, just to see if you would be comfortable wearing one?

Len

nava1uni

There is another one that I tried just recently tried. It is called a Power Cap and weighs less then the Trend. I cannot wear the Trend due to its weight on my head and neck. It is really nice

I have and use the Trend Air/Pro shield and love it. The batteries allow me to use it all day long and all I have to do is plug it in when I leave the shop and it's ready for the next day. The things I like about it is that my glasses don't fog up and my field of view is not restricted It can get a bit heavy with extended use but it hasn't been a problem for me so far.

Stevej72

Steve, I am the same way as you are when it comes to dust masks, I have a very hard time breathing with one on my face. I bought a used Trend powered one, and it's been a great investment. The air blowing down acrossed my face feels so nice, plus, my eye glasses no longer fog up. It is so easy to breathe in them, but the weight of them can be an issue for some people. It would be wise to try one, for a while before purchasing a unit. Do you know anybody that already owns one that you could borrow, just to see if you would be comfortable wearing one?

Len
Hi Len, Thank you for your input. I will have to ask around my woodworker friends and see if I can find someone that has one. I usually don't spend a lot of time in the shop in any one session, so it may be OK.

Stevej72

There is another one that I tried just recently tried. It is called a Power Cap and weighs less then the Trend. I cannot wear the Trend due to its weight on my head and neck. It is really nice
Hi Cindy, Thank you for your reply, I will look into this unit, too!
I have and use the Trend Air/Pro shield and love it. The batteries allow me to use it all day long and all I have to do is plug it in when I leave the shop and it's ready for the next day. The things I like about it is that my glasses don't fog up and my field of view is not restricted It can get a bit heavy with extended use but it hasn't been a problem for me so far.
Hi Tom, Thank you for your reply. I'm going to see if I can find anyone locally that might have one I could try for a bit. Kinda concerned about the weight.

howsitwork

I've had one of the original trend air shields and it save my face from a YEW bowl that spilt at speed. When that wore out I got the Air helmet and it's great. Yes you can notice the weight but it's not that bad. Glasses are kept clear and the cool air is nice. Have to have the shop radio a bit louder but that's fine.
The air cap is a development , never tried one so can't comment. Great thing about the air helmet is you can raise it really quick to sneeze ! Believe met you want this facility !

Trend do some great clear over sheets for the front of it to stop it getting scratched. But if you fit cling film over the front before a sanding session you just pull it off and bin. Glasses cleaner stops the static build up too.

Try it and see what you think but , as I said , I love mine.

Ian

Top Bottom