Powder coating systems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

armyturner

I have been researching powder coating systems. Has anyone used the Craftsman or the Harbour Freight models. They seem to be the cheapest (with the Craftsman about twice as much as the Harbour freight) that I can find in a smaller system? Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've had my HF unit about a year and it works great. Only comment I can make about the Craftsman unit is you don't need a seperate compressor to use it. If you don't have a compressor, than the Craftsman unit would probably be cheaper than the HF unit.

dfurlano

I have the craftsman and has worked fine for my uses. I have only done small parts. I think the newer models have a adjustment for speed, I don't think mine does but I never needed to look. The extra powder containers are expensive at $10 a piece and can only be ordered online. But I bought it for the convenience of not having to use a compressor.

Fangar

From what I have heard, the HF gun is a nice setup. I have the Eastwood and have been very happy with it. The craftsman unit sounds fine too.

A little off topic, but if you don't have a compressor yet, I would stronly suggest that be a purchase you look to in the future. I use mine for so many things, I wouldn't be able to live without it. I have two actually. a 6 HP 30 Gallon and a small 2HP pancake that is portable.

Fangar

its_virgil

I have the HF system and it works great for me. I know a penturner who has the Craftsman gun and he loves it also...he also has the HF system. I think they all works about the same with excellent results. The Craftsman gun needs no compressor.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom