Postal Problem-more info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, the Postal Problem appears to be here for a while--we have done a fair amount of research and gathered whatever data we can get and arrived at the conclusion:
Until Christmas or later, some mail may take weeks to deliver!!!

So, we will be changing our default shipping to UPS. We are still working on pricing, but it looks like we MAY be able to do this without a drastic increase in our $8.95 flat rate shipping!

I wanted to post this now, because this will mean we will not be shipping on Saturday, as we routinely have been doing.. Your orders will go out Monday, via UPS.

BUT you are far more likely to RECEIVE it on a timely basis!! US Postal Service is suffering from delays all over the country--their last report to Congress showed their volume is a mere 5% higher than last year, so the "increased volume" is BS. The other excuse--many employees out with Covid may be accurate, we really can't tell.
Our interest is in getting the package to YOU, our customers--so UPS here we come!!

Thanks for all those who have sent messages of support---

Dawn & Ed
aka ExoticBlanks.com

MRDucks2

I have noticed a $7.95 flat rate from FedEx on some times I have purchased lately. Not sure how easy it is to get but could be worth exploring for some.

log2lumber

One neighborhood in our area did not get mail since before Thanksgiving. Mail carrier is on leave until the first of the year and they don't have a replacement. They told them to pick up their mail at the post office, but only on Tuesday which is slow. This is 100s of houses.

I mailed checks out for our woodturning club on November 14th. First one arrived yesterday to one of our officers who needed a reimbursement.

Top Bottom