Post office problems!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Because of Covid 19, the post office has allowed employees to take a two week, paid leave if they don't feel well.

This has led to some closures of their facilities, which is slowing down delivery in some locations. In the facilities that remain open, we have encountered some substantial discrepancies in the tracking information. Cases in point, we are delivering the mail to our local office, it is proceeding without being scanned, then it is scanned in the next location (Oak Creek WI --Mitchell airport). HOWEVER, there is sometimes a THREE DAY difference between the scan date (July 17) and the day they received the mail (July 14).

Additionally, some packages are being delivered to our customers while the tracking still says only "label created"--not even acknowledging their receipt of the package, several days earlier.

All of these "Sickness idiosyncrasies" are a very small percentage of our outgoing mail: however, if it happens to your package you are understandably irritated.

Sorry we don't know how to control it, our local post office says they are doing all they can considering their reduced staff is working many overtime hours.
I believe them, I hope you will too!!

Ed

log2lumber

They have stopped delivering mail to businesses where I work because they are so shorthanded. We have to go in once per week only to pick up our mail. Our day is Wednesday in the a.m. BTW they now open the lobby 930 to 330 only.

howsitwork

Hope everyone understands the need for care . A 3 day delay actually is healthy as virus life outside host ( us or animals) is estimated at 3 days.

Over here I have actually had some self isolating patients leaving stuff 3 days from delivery for just that reason.

monophoto

Hope everyone understands the need for care . A 3 day delay actually is healthy as virus life outside host ( us or animals) is estimated at 3 days.

Over here I have actually had some self isolating patients leaving stuff 3 days from delivery for just that reason.

Case in point - our local public library shut down with no advance warning in mid-March. I was concerned that we could be facing some constraints, so the afternoon before I went in to replenish my stock of books to read during the shutdown. (I also made a trip to the wine store to restock my supply.) All outstanding loans were automatically extended through the end of July because the library was closed and could not process returns. They are now accepting returns, but only via the outdoor 'bookdrop' and every book goes through a mandatory 72 hour 'dwell' period before the library staff is allowed to touch it to process the return. Its also possible to take out books, but you must first go on line to reserve the books, call the library when you arrive, and a clerk brings the books out in a bag that they leave on the sidewalk.

The lesson that I learned from this experience is exactly how convenient it is to borrow e-books - you can check out or return a boot any time, day or night, and since everything is digital, there is no possibility of virus transmission. At least not any physical viruses!

Top Bottom