Poly-Rock Aggregates? Polyagg?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Has anyone turned any of this before? It is labeled "polyag" on the labels on the actual blanks. I purchased one, a rainbow kind of blank (was the only one at the local store), however I found this one online that looks very unique:

The one I bought feels very hard, so I am not sure how it will turn. I assume extremely sharp tools are a necessity, and I figured I'd try to cut first, rather than use say EWT negative rake or anything like that.

Anyone else turned any of these?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penchant 4

Has anyone turned any of this before? It is labeled "polyag" on the labels on the actual blanks. I purchased one, a rainbow kind of blank (was the only one at the local store), however I found this one online that looks very unique:

The one I bought feels very hard, so I am not sure how it will turn. I assume extremely sharp tools are a necessity, and I figured I'd try to cut first, rather than use say EWT negative rake or anything like that.

Anyone else turned any of these?
Sounds like Woodcraft name for what some call "Truestone". If so, carbide is the choice that has worked for me when turning the material.

jrista

I haven't, but I'd like to see what it looks like turned.

Me too. I have a rainbow one now. I think I'll give it a whirl. If it goes well, I want to get one of these coral ones and see what it looks like in the end.

pewitmer

I haven't used this, nor heard of it previously. Need sharp tools, I prefer carbide to work the stone blanks though.

Paul

Top Bottom