Poll question #6

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
*I liked having vendors sponsor Birthday Bash events because it led to more prizes and our vendors deserve recognition.

*I did not like vendors sponsoring Birthday Bash events. The additional prizes do not overcome the overly comercial atmosphere it creates.

*I don't care.

In 2013 the IAP offered vendors the opportunity to sponsor Birthday Bash events. Several vendors took advantage of this. Some members have said that they liked the vendor sponsorships and the prizes the vendors supplied for the contest they sponsored. Others say that the Birthday Bash will, or already has, become too commercial. What do you say?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

Yes, but will you help me out with the wording? I'm not 100% sure of what you mean.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
When I read your poll, it makes it sound like we're asking if they want to remove vendors from the picture all together.

So perhaps:

I liked having vendor-sponsored contests, as it led to bigger prizes.

I preferred when we just had smaller vendor donations to the Bash, with no named contests

I don't care either way

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
But did it really lead to more prizes? I don't know the answer to this but would like to know. I know I donated the same value this year as I have in years past, I just choose to put most of it in one basket.

mbroberg

But did it really lead to more prizes? I don't know the answer to this but would like to know. I know I donated the same value this year as I have in years past, I just choose to put most of it in one basket.

Since Constant's truckload wasn't in the mix, I don't know.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forum Runner

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
*I liked having vendors sponsor and name Birthday Bash events because it led to more prizes and our vendors deserve recognition. (sounds good)

*I did not like vendors sponsoring and naming Birthday Bash events. The additional prizes do not overcome the overly comercial (spelling mistake) atmosphere it creates.

*I don't care.

(I think the general population may confuse 'sponsor' with 'donate prizes'...best to be as clear as possible to ensure we don't read the wrong thing into the results.)

Maybe an explanation in your post saying that we allowed vendors to sponsor contests this year, in which they provided all prizes in return for having their name attached to the contest.

Top Bottom