PHOTOS TOO LARGE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chips n dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips n dust

I have been trying to get my photos on to the site but I always get an error message that photo is too Large. How can I reduce the size of my photos to 150KB? I have cropped them to the max but still too large. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can do this?
Thanks.
Trevor

A day without sawdust is like a day without sunshine.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

You will have to use your photo editor, like Photoshop Elements or Paintshop Pro or something like those. The easest way is to shoot your pics in a lower size file to start with.

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Chips n dust
<br />I have been trying to get my photos on to the site but I always get an error message that photo is too Large. How can I reduce the size of my photos to 150KB? I have cropped them to the max but still too large. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can do this?
Thanks.
Trevor

A day without sawdust is like a day without sunshine.
Also, if you're running MS Office XP you already have the MS Office Picture Manager which let's you compress pics on the fly.

I use a program called ACDSee and it is much less complex than photoshop or Paintshop pro and MUCH less expensive. It crops, resizes, adjusts colors etc. Not as many bells and whistles as the other ones but it gets the job done!

timdaleiden

My digital camera and scanner came with photo editing software that can be used to make the image smaller. It's usually in the edit menu under image size, or re-size.

darbytee

If for any remote reason you're using a Mac, select the photo in iPhoto, click file-export, and you can manually change the size of the picture. Of course, you probably aren't using a Mac.
-Fred (using a Mac)

pen-turners

The biggest mistake when trying to post pictures here is that people's cameras take pictures at the resolution required to print them. In any photo editor, if you crop your picture and reduce it's size, you still have to adjust the dpi settings. DPI setting should be set roughtly to 96 dpi for viewing on the computer monitor. This will shrink your photo to small enough to post yet retain all the detail required to view online.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Scottydont

For a KISS method (keep it simple stupid) you can use Microsoft Paint that is standard with Windows. Open the file in Paint, click on the Image menu, select stretch and skew and reduce it by whatever pecentage you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom