Phoenix/Scottsdale Arizona Chapter interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Please respond here if you might be interested in a Local IAP Chapter for the greater Phoenix/Scottsdale area (other areas of Arizona are also welcome!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Lou,

I am an Alaska guy, but will be in Arizona in February trying to shed the Alaska Winter Syndrom (standing around shivering) for that month. I am driving up to Mesa for the Desert Woodturners Roundup 6-7-8 of February. The current plans are posted as having a penturners gathering on Friday the 6th. My understanding is that the organizers are working with IAP members and other penturners to make it happen. Sounds like a great place for a new chapter to be visible.

The American Association of Woodturners Chapter in the Phoenix area (Arizona Woodturners Association) is hosting the gathering, and my read of the AAW bylaws suggests having a sub-chapter of IAP penturners is a good move too.

Here in Juneau, there are only a few penturners and we do talk about it a our local AAW chapter meetings on occasion -- but most are bowl turners and the like.

Ken, Ken, Ken!!! You're going to ARIZONA for the Fur Rendevous??????????????? When there are hundreds, if not thousands in the lower 48 who would give their left...whatever.....to be able to visit the Rondy??? (Wouldn't advertise it, if I were you.) LOL

stevers

I'd love to be involved in a chapter somewhere, but you are still about 4 1/2 or 5 hours away. And with costs the way they are, it could be difficult. Consider me interested, and lets see where we can go with it. I'd be especially interested in being in a chapter that has a Good Morning Arizona celebrity in it.
Drop me a line as things progress and we can discuss more. Thanks Lou.

jclark58

Lou, I'm interested. And I know there are a number of pen turners in the Arizona Woodturners Association that may be interested as well.

Please contact me via email to discuss getting an email sent to all of the AWA members to help drum up support.

Jason

vick

I would be interested as well.
PM or E-mail me with info, I am not on the board as much as I have in the past.

Nickfff

Lou,

Per my previous email I am interested in a Scottsdale/Phoenix chapter.

Nick

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
UPDATE 09/15/2008

To form a Chapter, you need a minimum of 5 people committed to participate in at least one meeting per year. More meetings are encouraged, but each group may set its own meeting frequency.

Once you have 5 members ready to roll and want to set up your first meeting, contact me and I will set up a sub-forum for your Chapter. Keep in mind that the Chapter sub-forum is not a substitute for the rest of the IAP forums but simply a location to post Chapter specific activities.

airrat

I have been very busy lately with Kelly's medical and have not been on the site much ( I will post in casual on this). If this includes the Chandler/Gilbert area's I am sure Robert and I would be a part of it. We have done stuff with Mike and Jason before. Also Jason R. lives in Chandler and I am sure he would be a part of it. Couple others in the SE valley too I believe.

Top Bottom