Phoenix Rising(s)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sly Dog

Sly Dog

Hey Folks-

I'm showing an Antique Brass PSI Phoenix Rising pen that I paired with a green cellulose acetate blank I had laying around and that I finished today with no particular recipient in mind.

I bought the PR 3 kit starter set not longer after I started turning pens, and did so to make a pen for my wife who made it through a bone marrow transplant in 2017. I thought this kit would be nice for someone who has "been through fire" like her, though figuratively speaking. That left me two more to use up or give away. I made this one, and have another kit in Antique Pewter still in the bag. I'm really not interested in turning the remaining kit.

After I made this second pen, I thought maybe it should go to someone impacted by these terrible fires out West (victim, responder...). I don't know anyone so impacted, but I'd like to find a home for the pen and the kit. Maybe a couple of you know a recipient who might appreciate the Phoenix Rising pen.

SO if you would like the green pen to give someone, or the kit (not both please), just claim it in this thread and I'll give it you and I'll pay shipping (CONUS only and you will need to PM me your address). First member to claim only the pen gets it; first member to claim only the kit gets it.

For whoever wants the kit I cannot include the bushings (they were a hair too small anyway).

Stay well,
Russ

EB2F36B4-93E8-4E7C-B20B-CFAFAED7DB5E.jpeg4CE4FFE3-7655-4FC8-861D-A9B2A0C1CB00.jpeg8E92C5A7-1F60-4978-9D27-EDFA7BE0B95E.jpegD0B92E37-6AD7-4456-88F9-1874E4D8B13C.jpeg

magpens

@Sly Dog

Just a thought in case you might be interested .....

Kallenshaanwoods.com .... makes/sells a very nice wood inlay blank kit for the Phoenix Rising. . I have made several of these and given them away to family and friends who were thrilled with them.

I just love this particular blank .... you might also, Russ. ... Here's the link so you can have a look ....

Sly Dog

@Sly Dog

Just a thought in case you might be interested .....

Kallenshaanwoods.com .... makes/sells a very nice wood inlay blank kit for the Phoenix Rising. . I have made several of these and given them away to family and friends who were thrilled with them.

I just love this particular blank .... you might also, Russ. ... Here's the link so you can have a look ....

Yeah, that blank is very cool! Btw, Mal, you once gave me a few tips on turning cellulose acetate that came in handy with this pen, so thanks for that, too.

Top Bottom