Personal - Professional Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

Don't ya just hate when people pat themselves on the back? Me, too. But, I know we have some teachers here .... and teacher spouses.

Two of my colleagues and I have just published our first book. It's called A Joyful Passion for Teaching, published by Mercer University Press. It's a series of essays for teachers and prospective teachers.

You can read more about it by doing a Google search on Al Stramiello.

I know it's not penturning ... but, you can't turn pens in the bathroom, right?

20068314928_Joyful%20Passion%20Image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

[quote}

I know it's not penturning ... but, you can't turn pens in the bathroom, right?

[/quote]

You Can't????, Guess not, but thats is where I keep the Lee Valley Catalog :)
I have a friend who is attending Boston College to become a teacher, I will forward this information to her.
Gary

fiferb

My wife graduates this December with a degree in Special Education. I will pass this on to her. When I retired from the Army I told her it was her turn to go to work. I guess she's taking me seriously.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Congratulations, Doc. That is great. I wanted to publish a book about my experiences in dentistry, but the publisher didn't like my working title: "Down In The Mouth" [:D]

RogerGarrett

To those who are unfamiliar with the requirements of University teaching, you should all know what a huge achievement a published book is for a prof. [:p]

If he aint tenured, he's gonna be. If he's tenured but is up for promotion, he's gonna be promoted. [:D]

Congrats Al!

Best,
Roger Garrett

woodwish

As a veteran teacher of 30 years and the father of a teacher-to-be in another year I think I will search out a copy. Congrats on getting ti done. I have talked about writing a book on video editing for years, but talk is all I have done. [:I]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by woodwish
<br />As a veteran teacher of 30 years and the father of a teacher-to-be in another year I think I will search out a copy. Congrats on getting ti done. I have talked about writing a book on video editing for years, but talk is all I have done. [:I]

Get a recorder, talk into it, then call it a "rough draft"!

alamocdc

Originally posted by RogerGarrett
<br />To those who are unfamiliar with the requirements of University teaching, you should all know what a huge achievement a published book is for a prof. [:p]

If he aint tenured, he's gonna be. If he's tenured but is up for promotion, he's gonna be promoted. [:D]

Congratulations, Al! That is a GREAT accomplishment... especially to those who truly feel that way! [^] The above is exactly why I walked away from my PhD almost 20 years ago. I enjoyed teaching MUCH more than I liked the "publish or perish" pressures being levied even on us grad students. I haven't graced a classroom in about 6 years now, and I have to admit, I really miss a great deal about teaching. I had a good time in the classroom... and even accidentally accomplished something on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom