Perfume Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

epson

I ordered the Craft Supplies Perfume Pen kit. The instructions are too generic to explain the use of the pen. I was wondering two things.
1. How do you fill the pen? There is a wick that sticks out of the main body. I have made some perfume sprayers from Penn State and they come with a plastic seringe to fill the bottle.
2. Will the perfume leak out of the pen? the main body is composed of a brass tube with a press fit fitting on both ends. There is no glass tube inside to hold the perfume. Was I missing pieces?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Epson,
If you don't want to call CSUSA for whatever reason, check with OldGriz. He's made several of these, and should be able to answer your questions.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by epson
<br />I ordered the Craft Supplies Perfume Pen kit. The instructions are too generic to explain the use of the pen. I was wondering two things.
1. How do you fill the pen? There is a wick that sticks out of the main body. I have made some perfume sprayers from Penn State and they come with a plastic seringe to fill the bottle.
2. Will the perfume leak out of the pen? the main body is composed of a brass tube with a press fit fitting on both ends. There is no glass tube inside to hold the perfume. Was I missing pieces?

1. To fill the pen you just dip the tip in your favorite perfume and it wicks into the internal white foaming type thingy...

2. No the perfume will not leak because there is a little rubber O ring that fits below the tip and keeps the top sealed when you screw it in place..

The kit should contain the following:
2 Tubes (short & long), 2 end caps, 1 press fit that holds the tip, 1 long white foaming type thingy that goes inside the lower body, 1 press fit for the top that screws onto the tip assembly, 1 rubber O ring that fits on the tip assembly and 1 foam tip

epson

Thanks everyone. I apparently have all the parts Tom described. I had called Craft supply, but the answer was vague. They said you pour the perfume in the hole after removing the felt tip. The hole is very tiny, and I did not think I could do this without making a mess.

Dipping the wick in perfume makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom