PERFECT FIT PEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

erichardson

I have reached a new level of frustration...I purchased the subject kit and both sets of bushings listed and neither will work on my mandrel. I have an MT1 (20 year old PSI Lathe) and really want to make this pen. Any ideas on how I can turn these pens if the bushings don't fir my mandrel? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

I purchased 2 of those kits a couple of years ago. Had the exact same problem. There are plenty of kits that look as nice or better. I would never recommend this kit to anyone. Ed suggested making your own bushings. While this is an option you should not have to make bushings to fix a kit/bushing quality issue.

1shootist

I didn't have the correct bushings for a bullet pen the other day ..I didn't think they would be different from the other bullet pens I had but they were.
I turned it between centers like Mark James recommended above and used my calibers..it took a bit longer due to stopping and measuring more often but it did work out just fine. Just don't crunch the tailstock up too tight you could damage the brass tube or the blank itself.

Top Bottom